Join me at Evangelicals for Life!
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- The Pros and Cons of Medication for Kids
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
January 2018 S M T W T F S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- You spend a lot of time planning great inclusion activities and outreaches especially focused to bless families wit… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: In this week's MOB Live, @homewiththeboys asked great questions about safeguarding your marriage when you have kids with… 2 hours ago
- RT @LisaMJamieson: Joni and Friends is looking for volunteer short-term missionaries to serve at Family Retreats around the nation this sum… 2 hours ago
- These Local Sensory-Friendly Shows for Kids With Special Needs Deserve a Standing Ovation milwaukeemag.com/local-sensory-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Advertise Your Disability Ministry Activities buff.ly/2DKc1TN https://t.co/WJRoO6n2ZY 3 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Book Reviews
In short, we are going to have to be the church, without compromise, no matter what it costs. Continue reading
Christianity is, in this life, a religion of suffering. We have forgotten this truth in America. Put bluntly: if you do have a comfortable path through life with no fears at all of persecution, you probably are not a true Christian. Continue reading
This is not a book that will be read once and stuck on a shelf…well-worn copies will be found on the desks and in the workspaces of those serving in children’s ministry, family ministry and special needs ministry because it is destined to become the “go-to” reference when leaders look for answers in seeking to minister with kids with disabilities and their families. Continue reading
Chuck Swindoll will be teaching on the topic What if you have a disability? this coming Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (February 24-26) as part of his current series What If? airing from January 26-March 16. Continue reading
Matt’s book is really about submission…giving up our agendas and sense of self-sufficiency for a life in which we experience both pain and joy in the process of truly experiencing the presence of God through becoming totally dependent upon Him. Continue reading
Troubled Minds: Mental Health and the Church’s Mission. Authored by Amy Simpson. Foreword by Marshall Shelley. Published by InterVarsity Press. Available at Amazon. Amy Simpson’s new book is a much needed catalyst to a long overdue discussion on the topic … Continue reading
The Eric Trap contains lots of sage advice from three highly qualified leaders in the field of children’s ministry. This is a great synopsis of the type of wisdom one would get from listening to several days of main stage speakers at a major ministry conference. I’d strongly recommend the book to my friends in “kidmin” world, as well as other areas of ministry, especially those who are feeling “stuck.”
Jolene Philo’s book is an invaluable help to parents and caregivers seeking to do their very best to serve their child with special needs. Her book can serve as an “adjunct left brain” when the emotions and decisions parents need to process become too much to handle. Continue reading