- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- We're looking for churches to welcome families impacted by disability. HUNDREDS of churches...
- Please don’t say “all kids do that” to adoptive and foster families...
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @ryanewolfe: youtu.be/e-I3jpvj-IY What if the Church was both encouraged & empowered to support families affected by disability? 1 hour ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Do you trust that God has your best in mind? ow.ly/UZLt30fhIFk via @refreshmysoul 1 hour ago
- Why Women’s Conferences Need to Consider Moms of Kids with Disabilities from @EllenStumbo keyministry.org/specialneedspa… 10 hours ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Our kids with disabilities & chronic illnesses have so much to teach us. ow.ly/LbvD30ffTMQ via @ebethclay #momlife #… 1 day ago
- RT @jolenephilo: Dream Team Link Share #183 - differentdream.com/2017/09/dream-… https://t.co/kYJnzmAE4t 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Announcements
Starting this month, the Special Needs and Disability Ministry Leaders group is entering a whole new chapter. Continue reading
Beth Golik is joining our team as our new ministry coordinator. Continue reading
We seek to connect families with churches close to where they live. We need LOTS and LOTS of churches willing and prepared to welcome families impacted by disability. And that’s where you come in. Continue reading
Our team at Key Ministry will be launching our Disability Ministry Video Roundtable…a fully interactive, monthly gathering of ministry leaders and key volunteers. T Continue reading
As we embark upon a new ministry year, I’m especially enthused about the relationship we’re building with Sandra Peoples and her team of writers at Not Alone, the special needs parenting website launched in 2013 by our friend and former colleague Mike Woods Continue reading
I’d be delighted if you could join me and several excellent speakers in Louisville, KY on Saturday, November 7 as the Kentucky United Methodist Church Conference on Children’s and Family Ministry sponsors An Inclusive Children’s Ministry, a free, one day conference for children’s leaders and parents to learn how to make ministry to children inclusive of all children.
They’ll be discussing the topic: Welcoming Families of Kids With Mental Illness at Church. Continue reading
What makes a blog or a social media strategy successful is lots of people who take the time and effort to share content they find valuable with friends and colleagues. More so than anything else, the content we’ve shared through this blog and and our social media platforms that has been created by wonderful, like-minded ministry colleagues we’ve had the pleasure of meeting over the past five years has helped us to disseminate the content we’ve created around ministry with families of kids with mental illness, trauma and developmental disabilities to far more churches, ministry leaders and volunteers than we would have ever imagined five years ago. Continue reading
We wrote Every Child Welcome because this command is not limited to children who will sit quietly at His feet and listen, who color between the lines, who raise their hands and wait to be called upon, and who work at grade level.