- Hoping there's a place in the church for a kid like mine
- Shannon Dingle...Why do you keep writing about how broken kids in foster or adoptive placements are?
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @ryanewolfe: Prayers for @ramjeffdavidson family #DisabilityInChurch #Leader Jeff Davidson's Memorial Page goo.gl/ytcYuQ 9 hours ago
- Blessed To Have an Unhealthy Child buff.ly/2qWtaVr from @stefmckeever https://t.co/duztdlXiMP 13 hours ago
- When Special Needs Parenting Brings Too Much New buff.ly/2roEOtE from @jolenephilo https://t.co/COeE786Nu9 15 hours ago
- When the End of the School Year Is in Sight buff.ly/2s3Qe26 from @Barb_Dittrich https://t.co/Q89BG67BjG 1 day ago
- RT @gospelebooks: DEAL OF THE DAY: @LaurenACasper - It’s Okay About It ($3.99) bit.ly/2r6Exuk // Recent release from @ThomasNelson… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Announcements
Beth Golik is joining our team as our new ministry coordinator. Continue reading
We seek to connect families with churches close to where they live. We need LOTS and LOTS of churches willing and prepared to welcome families impacted by disability. And that’s where you come in. Continue reading
Our team at Key Ministry will be launching our Disability Ministry Video Roundtable…a fully interactive, monthly gathering of ministry leaders and key volunteers. T Continue reading
As we embark upon a new ministry year, I’m especially enthused about the relationship we’re building with Sandra Peoples and her team of writers at Not Alone, the special needs parenting website launched in 2013 by our friend and former colleague Mike Woods Continue reading
I’d be delighted if you could join me and several excellent speakers in Louisville, KY on Saturday, November 7 as the Kentucky United Methodist Church Conference on Children’s and Family Ministry sponsors An Inclusive Children’s Ministry, a free, one day conference for children’s leaders and parents to learn how to make ministry to children inclusive of all children.
They’ll be discussing the topic: Welcoming Families of Kids With Mental Illness at Church. Continue reading
What makes a blog or a social media strategy successful is lots of people who take the time and effort to share content they find valuable with friends and colleagues. More so than anything else, the content we’ve shared through this blog and and our social media platforms that has been created by wonderful, like-minded ministry colleagues we’ve had the pleasure of meeting over the past five years has helped us to disseminate the content we’ve created around ministry with families of kids with mental illness, trauma and developmental disabilities to far more churches, ministry leaders and volunteers than we would have ever imagined five years ago. Continue reading
We wrote Every Child Welcome because this command is not limited to children who will sit quietly at His feet and listen, who color between the lines, who raise their hands and wait to be called upon, and who work at grade level.
We know that Mike will continue to have a great impact for the Kingdom through the Special Friends Ministry at FBO while prioritizing the needs of his wife and family in accordance with Scripture. Continue reading
Some of our friends are putting on a very cool conference spanning three cities and two states on Saturday, March 28th that we encourage our friends in the Southwest to attend. Continue reading