And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
Luke 11:9-10 (ESV)
Our team at Key Ministry is honored to welcome you at The Front Door.
The Front Door is an exploration of the use of technology to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with families impacted by disability.
We believe The Front Door represents a new expression of Christian community through which children and families may be introduced to Jesus Christ through online church services in environments chosen by their parents and caregivers where they may initially be more receptive to teaching and discipleship.
We know that very real barriers to church attendance exist for families impacted by all disabilities. We are uniquely focused on helping kids, teens and families impacted by mental illness, trauma and developmental disabilities to overcome the obstacles that exist to full participation in the life of the church.
The Front Door is not a substitute for “bricks and mortar” church but represents a strategy to connect families impacted by disability with churches in their region prepared to welcome and include them. The Front Door is intended to serve as a catalyst to families worshiping in the physical presence of other Christ-followers and experiencing the ministry of a local church.
We intend for The Front Door to be a reflection of the DNA of Key Ministry as well as the DNA of our partner churches. We seek to provide the families joining us and our partner churches at The Front Door an experience that is…
- Highly relational
- Grounded in ministry to families
- Innovative, collaborative and generous
- Supportive of churches called to connect with families impacted by disability in their home regions
- Connect online to churches with a physical prince in their home regions.
- Through providing online worship and online community to teens, facilitated by carefully screened pastors and experienced church volunteers.
- Through offering many opportunities for participation in highly interactive online groups.
- Identify service opportunities for kids and parents to use their gifts and talents in the service of Jesus’ Kingdom.
- Through sharing resources with parents to support them as they seek to raise their children in the faith.
- By creating opportunities for adult education, book studies and topical Bible studies of areas of special interest to families impacted by disability.
- Through initiating individual and group opportunities for prayer.
- Through facilitating personal connections with individuals and families who can help facilitate their inclusion in the life of the local church.
We at Key Ministry very much appreciate your prayers and encouragement as we embark upon this new adventure. We know that in order to reach people no one else is reaching, we’ll have to try stuff no one else is trying. If you’re praying for us or have a word of encouragement to share, can you leave us a message on our Facebook Page? Most of all, can you help us by sharing the links we’ll be posting to our worship services and group activities with families who need to experience the love of Jesus Christ?
In His Service,
The Key Ministry team
You can locate our Front Door schedule on any given day by clicking on the schedule icon located on the lower left beneath the video screen on the online church site (pictured below) or by clicking on the Front Door Facebook Page.
I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
John 10:9-11 (ESV)