We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Take time to draw closer to God and soak in His presence. comfortinthemidstofchaos.com/2017/07/who-mo… #SacredSunday #Bible 8 hours ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: Know our son is likely a 4 is a huge help! // The Enneagram of Parenting on sale for $0.99 amzn.to/2trQ06m 8 hours ago
- The Phrase I’ve Stopped Saying When I’m Trying to Help Someone sandrapeoples.com/the-phrase-ive… 8 hours ago
- Email beth@ keyministry.org for help finding a church that will welcome your family! https://t.co/0hVF4atPh6 2 days ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: One of the BIGGEST challenges for a #specialneeds mom is to let go of control. ow.ly/dlaW30dNzuf via Wendy Heyn 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Strategies
In short, we are going to have to be the church, without compromise, no matter what it costs. Continue reading
I suspect that past experiences of church may be a major barrier to current church involvement for many adults with a history of mental illness or parents of children or teens with significant mental health conditions. Continue reading
“Better has no endpoint.” Whatever stage we are at in our ministry work or our own walk with Christ, we recognize we are on a continuum. Continue reading
It makes me happy to think about other families having a strong faith foundation when the winds and waves of contemporary life come crashing against the shore. Continue reading
Small things done with great love will change the world. Continue reading
A mission trip planned by and for people with disabilities was exactly what we were hoping for as we were making our philosophical switch. Note that it was not something anyone from my leadership team came up with. It was an idea that was birthed by God through our friend Nick. Continue reading
More than anything, mental health ministry is about your church community, as a whole, getting the concept that people with mental health issues aren’t problems to be solved, they are people to be loved.
Catherine Boyle… Stepping Into Mental Health Ministry: Understand Who Your Church Is and Find the Champions
Before launching the Ironbridge Baptist Church mental health pilot, I spent months talking and meeting with individuals of influence within the church community, many with ‘lived experience.’ The goal of such conversations was ultimately to generate support for the idea that we could – as a faith community – be much more upfront about the reality of mental illness, in all its various forms – and begin truly supporting one another. Continue reading
Dr. Karen Crum…10 Ways to Make Bible Camp Successful for Children with Autism and Related Challenges
Here are ten ideas for staff wanting to help children with autism succeed at a camp for typical kids. Continue reading