Join me at Evangelicals for Life!
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
January 2018 S M T W T F S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- 5 Ways to Advertise Your Disability Ministry Activities keyministry.org/church4everych… #spnmin 16 hours ago
- Families like mine bless the churches we attend as much as we receive blessings from them! - @SandraPeoples ow.ly/6P3h30hTrj3 19 hours ago
- Here's what happens to Social Security and disability benefits during a government shutdown: aol.it/2DkYAss via @AOL 21 hours ago
- RT @FocusFamily: If the gospel you are preaching or the banner you are waving cannot be preached to Pearl, then it’s not authentic truth or… 22 hours ago
- MOB Live Episode 18: Safeguarding Your Special-Needs Marriage with Sandra Peoples themobsociety.com/blog/2018/01/1… 22 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Strategies
Some friends in a like-minded ministry have produced a wonderful video that illustrates the challenges one family impacted by a hidden disability experienced in maintaining their involvement at church. Continue reading
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
In short, we are going to have to be the church, without compromise, no matter what it costs. Continue reading
I suspect that past experiences of church may be a major barrier to current church involvement for many adults with a history of mental illness or parents of children or teens with significant mental health conditions. Continue reading
“Better has no endpoint.” Whatever stage we are at in our ministry work or our own walk with Christ, we recognize we are on a continuum. Continue reading
It makes me happy to think about other families having a strong faith foundation when the winds and waves of contemporary life come crashing against the shore. Continue reading
Small things done with great love will change the world. Continue reading
A mission trip planned by and for people with disabilities was exactly what we were hoping for as we were making our philosophical switch. Note that it was not something anyone from my leadership team came up with. It was an idea that was birthed by God through our friend Nick. Continue reading