Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Shannon Dingle...Why do you keep writing about how broken kids in foster or adoptive placements are?
- Mental illness and violence…What does the data say?
- The stories you’ve shared about mental health and the church
- Resources for readers of Mental Health and the Church
- For such a time as this… Mental Health and the Church
- We’re looking for people to share their stories about mental health and the church
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Four Signs Your Church Needs a Special-Needs Ministry keyministry.org/church4everych… 13 hours ago
- A Path Chosen For Me keyministry.org/specialneedspa… 16 hours ago
- Continually Seek God keyministry.org/specialneedspa… via @tammiehefty 17 hours ago
- For people with disabilities, there’s such a thing as too much savings. Here’s a way around that. newsobserver.com/news/politics-… 19 hours ago
- Watch “Respite: Motivation and Methods” on #Vimeo vimeo.com/240357057?ref=… 22 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Key Ministry
If we could eradicate all mental illness, we would reduce acts of violence by approximately 4%. Continue reading
The most troubling aspect of the stories shared by Mary Ann and others is that their experiences reflect poorly upon the character of God as reflected through the words and actions of the church. We can and must do a lot better in sharing Christ’s love and the message of the Gospel with our friends and neighbors with mental illness and welcoming them into the fellowship of the church. Continue reading
Now that our model to assist churches in developing a mental health inclusion strategy is publicly available, I’d like to spread the word about some of the tools and resources our Key Ministry team has developed to assist readers serving on ministry teams seeking to implement the ideas presented in the book. Continue reading
Does God have a place for you in his movement to transform the way the church loves persons touched by mental illness? Has he positioned you to be an agent of change in your church? Is he calling you to serve people in your community hurting as a result of mental illness? Has he positioned you to come alongside someone with mental illness to help them to overcome challenges that make it hard for them to be part of a worship service, small group or Bible study? Continue reading
Your stories can help churches better understand how to most effectively welcome and minister with people of all ages with mental illness and their families. Continue reading
The evangelicals I know care about the people and causes that Jesus cared about during his earthly ministry. They may not necessarily fit the narrative that many in the media would like to propagate about our community. I can’t help but think that evangelicals would have a very different image in our larger culture if more people had the opportunity to get to know some of the folks I was surrounded by during the last three days. Continue reading
Our Key Ministry team is looking to assemble a launch team to help the world discover the resources available through Mental Health and the Church. We’re looking for friends with access through social media to pastors, church leaders, persons with mental illness and their loved ones who are willing to share their platforms with us to help get the word out to those likely to be most interested in mental health inclusion ministry. Continue reading
Here’s a progress report on the work God did through our ministry in 2017! Continue reading
Will you embrace all of the gifts God has given you in the year ahead, including the ability to serve and represent Jesus in extending his love to those who are hurting? Continue reading
Some friends in a like-minded ministry have produced a wonderful video that illustrates the challenges one family impacted by a hidden disability experienced in maintaining their involvement at church. Continue reading