Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Why the church and the mental health system should work together
- Eight things I think about the suicide epidemic
- Meet Catherine Boyle…our new Director of Mental Health Ministry!
- Why are children’s hospital ERs becoming flooded with suicidal kids?
- Key Ministry’s video training series on Mental Health and the Church
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- AngelSense GPS review: A durable, accurate tracking device tailored for pcworld.com/article/326856… via @pcworld 21 minutes ago
- RT @amothersrest: Healthy parents= healthier families! #disability #caregiver #autism #mentalhealth #downsyndrome #adoption #RAD DONATE &… 27 minutes ago
- Check out this story about Key Ministry Foundation on @GreatNonprofits gr8np.org/go/GDB (THANKS,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 28 minutes ago
- Grief in the midst of adoptive joy: Three perspectives keyministry.org/church4everych… #grief #trauma #adoption 3 hours ago
- ‘Happiest little girl’: Bella Santorum, ruled ‘incompatible with life’ by doctors, turns 10 | Opinion | Lifesitenews lifesitenews.com/opinion/happie… 4 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Anxiety Disorders
I all too often meet families who lack meaningful involvement with a local church because the environments in which we “do church” present unique challenges to kids with common mental health conditions. Continue reading
three practical strategies will help many kids with common mental health conditions and their families to better experience the peace and joy associated with the Christmas season! Continue reading
John Bunyan in describing how this form of OCD impacted him said: “Of all the temptations that ever I met with in my life, to question the being of God, and the truth of His gospel, is the worst, and the worst to be borne; when this temptation comes, it takes away my girdle from me, and removeth the foundation from under me.” Continue reading
Is there a way of making available an alternative path…an accommodation available to those who need it? Continue reading
Patients with depression were eleven times more likely to experience significant benefit from antidepressant medication than to experience medication-related suicidal thinking or behavior, patients with OCD were thirty-four times more likely to experience benefit and patients with non-OCD anxiety were thirty-six times more likely to experience benefit. Continue reading
Is it our unwillingness to affirm the risky behaviors that all too often lead to tragic consequences or a hopelessly broken, messed up culture that tells emotionally vulnerable teens that they’re defined by who they’re attracted to and their desirability to potential sexual partners? Continue reading
Parenting children with high needs can be so incredibly hard and painfully lonely.
Those of us who live with these disorders need to be ministered to from all of you. It shouldn’t be an either/or thing but rather a both/and thing. The last thing we need when we are experiencing the pain of our disorder is to be confused or made to feel guilty about where to go for help. Continue reading