Join me at Evangelicals for Life!
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
- The myth that love is always enough...
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Disability tax credit is frequently overlooked crwd.fr/2rjpef1 https://t.co/f14uD6NEKZ 7 hours ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: Thankful for a life spent with these people. Even now that I’m the second shortest. https://t.co/DonZDLNxZi 7 hours ago
- He is good! https://t.co/FO5Z2lGfKP 10 hours ago
- Let them thank the Lord ... https://t.co/jNp622o5b6 15 hours ago
- I will give to the Lord the thanks due ... https://t.co/oT64a1MeIX 19 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Intellectual Disabilities
A mission trip planned by and for people with disabilities was exactly what we were hoping for as we were making our philosophical switch. Note that it was not something anyone from my leadership team came up with. It was an idea that was birthed by God through our friend Nick. Continue reading
We learn to delight in what is and let go of what illness and disability has robbed us and our kids. Continue reading
God has made all of us “wonderfully.” God has made each of us a “work or art.” God has made each of us on purpose for a purpose.
Does God really have a plan and a purpose for your child’s life? Did God really allow this because he intended to use our circumstances for His glory?
Don’t you feel cheated about the life you imagined for you and your son? Continue reading
The oft-quoted stat that 85-95% of special needs families are unchurched isn’t supported by any research, so I really think we – as people of the Truth – ought to stop repeating it. Continue reading
I am pleased to announce the release of Start with Hello, the first of many how-to booklets that fit together in Joni and Friends new Irresistible Church series. Designed to help a church launch or re-launch sustainable, effective special needs ministry, Start with Hello walks the ministry leader through five steps to starting a special needs ministry. While each church’s journey is different, with different dreams, resources, needs and people, we’ve found that working through the five step progression puts a church on the right path to becoming an irresistible church. Continue reading
These are the eight verses I use to emphasize the calling that each church has to include all people. Continue reading
I do think we can say that babies with a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome are nearly twice more likely to be aborted than others. That’s tragic. Continue reading
Several years ago I asked our County Board Superintendent what the #1 problem was facing the disability community. Without hesitation he said it is the problem of isolation. Isolation is a universal experience for those in the disability community. It … Continue reading