- Hoping there's a place in the church for a kid like mine
- Shannon Dingle...Why do you keep writing about how broken kids in foster or adoptive placements are?
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @ryanewolfe: Prayers for @ramjeffdavidson family #DisabilityInChurch #Leader Jeff Davidson's Memorial Page goo.gl/ytcYuQ 9 hours ago
- Blessed To Have an Unhealthy Child buff.ly/2qWtaVr from @stefmckeever https://t.co/duztdlXiMP 13 hours ago
- When Special Needs Parenting Brings Too Much New buff.ly/2roEOtE from @jolenephilo https://t.co/COeE786Nu9 15 hours ago
- When the End of the School Year Is in Sight buff.ly/2s3Qe26 from @Barb_Dittrich https://t.co/Q89BG67BjG 1 day ago
- RT @gospelebooks: DEAL OF THE DAY: @LaurenACasper - It’s Okay About It ($3.99) bit.ly/2r6Exuk // Recent release from @ThomasNelson… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Intellectual Disabilities
A mission trip planned by and for people with disabilities was exactly what we were hoping for as we were making our philosophical switch. Note that it was not something anyone from my leadership team came up with. It was an idea that was birthed by God through our friend Nick. Continue reading
We learn to delight in what is and let go of what illness and disability has robbed us and our kids. Continue reading
God has made all of us “wonderfully.” God has made each of us a “work or art.” God has made each of us on purpose for a purpose.
Does God really have a plan and a purpose for your child’s life? Did God really allow this because he intended to use our circumstances for His glory?
Don’t you feel cheated about the life you imagined for you and your son? Continue reading
The oft-quoted stat that 85-95% of special needs families are unchurched isn’t supported by any research, so I really think we – as people of the Truth – ought to stop repeating it. Continue reading
I am pleased to announce the release of Start with Hello, the first of many how-to booklets that fit together in Joni and Friends new Irresistible Church series. Designed to help a church launch or re-launch sustainable, effective special needs ministry, Start with Hello walks the ministry leader through five steps to starting a special needs ministry. While each church’s journey is different, with different dreams, resources, needs and people, we’ve found that working through the five step progression puts a church on the right path to becoming an irresistible church. Continue reading
These are the eight verses I use to emphasize the calling that each church has to include all people. Continue reading
I do think we can say that babies with a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome are nearly twice more likely to be aborted than others. That’s tragic. Continue reading
Several years ago I asked our County Board Superintendent what the #1 problem was facing the disability community. Without hesitation he said it is the problem of isolation. Isolation is a universal experience for those in the disability community. It … Continue reading