Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Many churches are now talking openly about mental illness and mental health pulpit. Here are some sermons that we r… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 36 minutes ago
- All of our mental health ministry presentations are available online. Visit our Slideshare link to browse or share… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: The best disability ministry leaders from around the #Houston area are joining us for #AllAccessHTX on Feb 22 in #LakeJa… 8 hours ago
- RT @championsclubs: An amazing Champion with her dad. The love and dedication that every special needs parents has for their child is breat… 8 hours ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: Join me starting Feb. 1st as we pray for our marriages for fourteen days! bit.ly/prayformymarri… You'll get an email e… 8 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Intellectual Disabilities
I will never label him and I will never limit him. Continue reading
A mission trip planned by and for people with disabilities was exactly what we were hoping for as we were making our philosophical switch. Note that it was not something anyone from my leadership team came up with. It was an idea that was birthed by God through our friend Nick. Continue reading
We learn to delight in what is and let go of what illness and disability has robbed us and our kids. Continue reading
God has made all of us “wonderfully.” God has made each of us a “work or art.” God has made each of us on purpose for a purpose.
Does God really have a plan and a purpose for your child’s life? Did God really allow this because he intended to use our circumstances for His glory?
Don’t you feel cheated about the life you imagined for you and your son? Continue reading
The oft-quoted stat that 85-95% of special needs families are unchurched isn’t supported by any research, so I really think we – as people of the Truth – ought to stop repeating it. Continue reading
I am pleased to announce the release of Start with Hello, the first of many how-to booklets that fit together in Joni and Friends new Irresistible Church series. Designed to help a church launch or re-launch sustainable, effective special needs ministry, Start with Hello walks the ministry leader through five steps to starting a special needs ministry. While each church’s journey is different, with different dreams, resources, needs and people, we’ve found that working through the five step progression puts a church on the right path to becoming an irresistible church. Continue reading
These are the eight verses I use to emphasize the calling that each church has to include all people. Continue reading