- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @amyjuliabecker: Receive my new free eBook, Missing Out on Beautiful - 7 Essays about Raising a Child with Down Syndrome: https://t.co/d… 18 hours ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: What if we were INTENTIONAL about making some blank space in our lives? ow.ly/idDd30g0qFD #disability #specialneeds… 1 day ago
- "The older I get, the more I have to trust in God and rely on His grace and direction to carry me through."… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- 10 ways to be a safe church for sexual assault survivors buff.ly/2yzyCzR #metoo https://t.co/CzKWDsN1pV 1 day ago
- Activity ideas specifically for teens/adults with disabilities (including those living in group homes).… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: spiritual abuse
A young wife and teacher nearly ends up dead after following the counsel of a pastor and his wife to stop taking psychiatric medications that were helping her to lead a productive life. This is spiritual abuse. Continue reading
Many in the church are guilty of spiritual abuse when they communicate to vulnerable people searching for help their certainty that the reason for their distress is insufficient faith or moral failure. They fail to recognize the complexity of the interrelationship between our minds, bodies and spirits, and much like Job’s friends in the Old Testament, exacerbate pain and suffering by misrepresenting God’s grace and God’s character.