Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
- The Pros and Cons of Medication for Kids
- When church leaders talk about mental illness, spiritual evil and demons...
- The sexual revolution, our kids and suicide…a new look
- Traditional churches and the mental health system…Irreconcilable differences?
- Why the church and the mental health system should work together
- Eight things I think about the suicide epidemic
- Meet Catherine Boyle…our new Director of Mental Health Ministry!
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Low unemployment creates job opportunities for those with disabilities southbendtribune.com/news/local/low… via @SBTribune 40 minutes ago
- The Best Way to Fight Ignorance po.st/QFO9HO via @haguejason #autism #acceptance 14 hours ago
- Local Catholic Group Holds Lively Event for Special Needs Community krgv.com/story/38634119… 17 hours ago
- How To Talk To Your Family About Your Mental Health — Especially If They Don’t “Get” It bustle.com/p/how-to-talk-… 20 hours ago
- The New, New Thing: What God Teaches Me in Times of Transition keyministry.org/specialneedspa… via @RedefineSpecial 23 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: spiritual abuse
A young wife and teacher nearly ends up dead after following the counsel of a pastor and his wife to stop taking psychiatric medications that were helping her to lead a productive life. This is spiritual abuse. Continue reading
Many in the church are guilty of spiritual abuse when they communicate to vulnerable people searching for help their certainty that the reason for their distress is insufficient faith or moral failure. They fail to recognize the complexity of the interrelationship between our minds, bodies and spirits, and much like Job’s friends in the Old Testament, exacerbate pain and suffering by misrepresenting God’s grace and God’s character.