We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- “I Just Want to Quit!” buff.ly/2wgIIXu https://t.co/EZ6NbeONBK 55 minutes ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: You can’t guarantee a life without disability sandrapeoples.com/life-without-d… 1 day ago
- RT @jolenephilo: Tips from Dad about how to avoid isolation while parenting child with special needs was Different Dream's top... https://t… 1 day ago
- RT @jolenephilo: Good questions we should be asking ourselves. fb.me/JRhQmpS9 2 days ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: "In the worst of circumstances our Father has been provider, comforter, healer, and defender." @Barb_Dittrich https://t.co… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: spiritual abuse
A young wife and teacher nearly ends up dead after following the counsel of a pastor and his wife to stop taking psychiatric medications that were helping her to lead a productive life. This is spiritual abuse. Continue reading
Many in the church are guilty of spiritual abuse when they communicate to vulnerable people searching for help their certainty that the reason for their distress is insufficient faith or moral failure. They fail to recognize the complexity of the interrelationship between our minds, bodies and spirits, and much like Job’s friends in the Old Testament, exacerbate pain and suffering by misrepresenting God’s grace and God’s character.