- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Take time to draw closer to God and soak in His presence. comfortinthemidstofchaos.com/2017/07/who-mo… #SacredSunday #Bible 2 hours ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: Know our son is likely a 4 is a huge help! // The Enneagram of Parenting on sale for $0.99 amzn.to/2trQ06m 2 hours ago
- The Phrase I’ve Stopped Saying When I’m Trying to Help Someone sandrapeoples.com/the-phrase-ive… 2 hours ago
- Email beth@ keyministry.org for help finding a church that will welcome your family! https://t.co/0hVF4atPh6 2 days ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: One of the BIGGEST challenges for a #specialneeds mom is to let go of control. ow.ly/dlaW30dNzuf via Wendy Heyn 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: mental illness
I suspect that past experiences of church may be a major barrier to current church involvement for many adults with a history of mental illness or parents of children or teens with significant mental health conditions. Continue reading
So how can we, in the name of Christ, come alongside those who hurt themselves? Continue reading
Pain and grief were emotions created by God, you should not feel guilty for feeling them. Being depressed does not mean you no longer love Jesus or that Jesus no longer loves you. Continue reading
A new study suggests the media implicates mental illness as a cause of violence with increasing frequency and in doing so, is complicit in increasing the stigma experienced by persons with mental illness and their families.
We know that most kids with gender non-conformity become comfortable with their biological sex as they progress through childhood. For those who continue to experience significant gender discordance as adolescents, far too many will have experienced trauma, mental illness, social isolation, self-injury and suicidal thoughts.
Pentecostal and non-denominational pastors were more likely to view depression as being caused by a lack of faith in God.
We’re sharing this post to begin calling attention to the challenges many families experience finding the right help for their child when their child experiences a mental health crisis. Continue reading
We’ve established a place for families of kids and young adults with common mental health conditions to find encouragement, resources and support from a decidedly Christian perspective. Continue reading
As the church, we’re called to share God’s love with kids with mental illnesses and their families, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE. Continue reading