Join me at Evangelicals for Life!
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
January 2018 S M T W T F S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- 5 Ways to Advertise Your Disability Ministry Activities keyministry.org/church4everych… #spnmin 16 hours ago
- Families like mine bless the churches we attend as much as we receive blessings from them! - @SandraPeoples ow.ly/6P3h30hTrj3 19 hours ago
- Here's what happens to Social Security and disability benefits during a government shutdown: aol.it/2DkYAss via @AOL 21 hours ago
- RT @FocusFamily: If the gospel you are preaching or the banner you are waving cannot be preached to Pearl, then it’s not authentic truth or… 22 hours ago
- MOB Live Episode 18: Safeguarding Your Special-Needs Marriage with Sandra Peoples themobsociety.com/blog/2018/01/1… 22 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: mental illness
EVIL is the root cause of the mass shooting in Las Vegas, and the shootings in churches in rural Texas, Nashville, and several years ago, at an historically African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina. As a society, we seek to minimize the existence of evil because recognition of evil threatens our shared delusion that any absolute standard of right and wrong exists. Continue reading
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
A young wife and teacher nearly ends up dead after following the counsel of a pastor and his wife to stop taking psychiatric medications that were helping her to lead a productive life. This is spiritual abuse. Continue reading
I suspect that past experiences of church may be a major barrier to current church involvement for many adults with a history of mental illness or parents of children or teens with significant mental health conditions. Continue reading
So how can we, in the name of Christ, come alongside those who hurt themselves? Continue reading
Pain and grief were emotions created by God, you should not feel guilty for feeling them. Being depressed does not mean you no longer love Jesus or that Jesus no longer loves you. Continue reading
A new study suggests the media implicates mental illness as a cause of violence with increasing frequency and in doing so, is complicit in increasing the stigma experienced by persons with mental illness and their families.
We know that most kids with gender non-conformity become comfortable with their biological sex as they progress through childhood. For those who continue to experience significant gender discordance as adolescents, far too many will have experienced trauma, mental illness, social isolation, self-injury and suicidal thoughts.