Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Why church is difficult for persons on the high end of the autism spectrum
- Mental health ministry training at Inclusion Fusion Live
- Inclusion Fusion LIVE – A disability ministry conference for church leaders AND families
- Mental illness and violence…What does the data say?
- The stories you’ve shared about mental health and the church
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Beth and the Bay Presbyterian Church team is getting ready to welcome our Inclusion Fusion speakers and guests! https://t.co/ySz16dx9Q3 11 hours ago
- Inclusion Fusion Live! Register NOW to join us Friday & Saturday for this free disability conference:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
- On Saturday at Inclusion Fusion Live, John Felageller, Jonathan McGuire, and Jason Hague will be answering your que… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @drgrcevich: Wow. Must read. twitter.com/KayWarren1/sta… 17 hours ago
- RT @jolenephilo: Last post in series about "Unbroken Faith" by Diane Dokko Kim. Why it's not just for parents of kids with special needs an… 17 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: mental illness
If we could eradicate all mental illness, we would reduce acts of violence by approximately 4%. Continue reading
EVIL is the root cause of the mass shooting in Las Vegas, and the shootings in churches in rural Texas, Nashville, and several years ago, at an historically African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina. As a society, we seek to minimize the existence of evil because recognition of evil threatens our shared delusion that any absolute standard of right and wrong exists. Continue reading
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
A young wife and teacher nearly ends up dead after following the counsel of a pastor and his wife to stop taking psychiatric medications that were helping her to lead a productive life. This is spiritual abuse. Continue reading
I suspect that past experiences of church may be a major barrier to current church involvement for many adults with a history of mental illness or parents of children or teens with significant mental health conditions. Continue reading
So how can we, in the name of Christ, come alongside those who hurt themselves? Continue reading
Pain and grief were emotions created by God, you should not feel guilty for feeling them. Being depressed does not mean you no longer love Jesus or that Jesus no longer loves you. Continue reading
A new study suggests the media implicates mental illness as a cause of violence with increasing frequency and in doing so, is complicit in increasing the stigma experienced by persons with mental illness and their families.
We know that most kids with gender non-conformity become comfortable with their biological sex as they progress through childhood. For those who continue to experience significant gender discordance as adolescents, far too many will have experienced trauma, mental illness, social isolation, self-injury and suicidal thoughts.