Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Pediatric Bipolar Disorder: A Guide for Children’s Pastors, Youth Pastors and Volunteers
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- When Kids Become Aggressive at Church
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
- Jay Adams and the foundations of a movement...
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Your help makes it possible to continue our mission of connecting churches and families with disabilities to make m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 37 minutes ago
- We hope you will sign up for our monthly video roundtable discussions. We record each session & make available in o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- Let go of false beliefs that hold you back, work through the cycles of grief, focus on self-care & healthy routines… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- The Bible is full of stories about children & young people: Mary, Joseph, David, Samuel, Esther, Naaman’s slave gir… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- Looking for a church that is intentional about welcoming families with disabilities? Find one today in our church d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: mental illness
Janet’s long history of advocacy for persons with disabilities isn’t the only reason why I wanted her to have the opportunity to attend our conference and connect with the leaders and speakers in attendance. I knew Janet could speak into disability issues from the perspective of someone who has been there and done that. Continue reading
Is it possible that God might be using mental health concerns as an instrument for bringing about the salvation of those affected? What if God plans to use someone’s mental health condition…or the condition of a loved one as the means of connecting them with individuals and churches positioned to introduce them to the Gospel? Continue reading
What teaching or reading have you come across that’s been helpful to you in better understanding God’s purposes in mental illness? Continue reading
If we could eradicate all mental illness, we would reduce acts of violence by approximately 4%. Continue reading
EVIL is the root cause of the mass shooting in Las Vegas, and the shootings in churches in rural Texas, Nashville, and several years ago, at an historically African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina. As a society, we seek to minimize the existence of evil because recognition of evil threatens our shared delusion that any absolute standard of right and wrong exists. Continue reading
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
A young wife and teacher nearly ends up dead after following the counsel of a pastor and his wife to stop taking psychiatric medications that were helping her to lead a productive life. This is spiritual abuse. Continue reading
I suspect that past experiences of church may be a major barrier to current church involvement for many adults with a history of mental illness or parents of children or teens with significant mental health conditions. Continue reading