Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Join 24,288 other subscribers
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
March 2023 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
Key Ministry Twitter Feed
- April is #AutismAcceptanceMonth. Learn more here: loom.ly/u8Xgq-4 #mentalhealthministry… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 minutes ago
- "SNAD" stands for: Special Needs and Disability Ministry Leaders' Forum. Join now: loom.ly/S-B-EUg… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- 3/3 Co-Laborers in the Gospel: Building Organic Disability Ministry: Lisa Mattheiss & Wayne Chasteen A Church for E… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- 2/3 The Value of Visuals: Tiffany Crow & Jennifer Donald Effective Practices in Developing Deaf Disciplemakers in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- 1/3 Meet our #DATC2023 workshop presenters for Breakout 3! CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUPS: A Game-Changing Way to Strengt… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Ironbridge Baptist Church
A different way of looking at mental health ministry
I left feeling very encouraged that the Lord is raising up like-minded people in many different places to champion the development of mental health inclusion ministry as he is doing for special needs ministry. Continue reading
A conference dedicated to mental health inclusion ministry
We’d like to invite as many of our friends and colleagues to join us and other champions for mental health outreach and inclusion at a special event next month for church leaders throughout the mid-Atlantic region and the East Coast. Continue reading
Posted in Advocacy, Hidden Disabilities, Inclusion, Key Ministry, Mental Health, Training Events Tagged Catherine Boyle, church, Dr. Ananda Pandurangi, Dr. Mark Jordan, Ironbridge Baptist Church, Key Ministry, mental health ministry, OutsideIn Ministries, Robert W. Lesniak, Stephen Grcevich MD Leave a comment
Mental Health Ministry…So What?
More than anything, mental health ministry is about your church community, as a whole, getting the concept that people with mental health issues aren’t problems to be solved, they are people to be loved.
Catherine Boyle… Stepping Into Mental Health Ministry: Understand Who Your Church Is and Find the Champions
Before launching the Ironbridge Baptist Church mental health pilot, I spent months talking and meeting with individuals of influence within the church community, many with ‘lived experience.’ The goal of such conversations was ultimately to generate support for the idea that we could – as a faith community – be much more upfront about the reality of mental illness, in all its various forms – and begin truly supporting one another. Continue reading
Creating Mental Health Ministry in a Local Church – A Year in the Life
If you think mental health ministry is something your church should consider, just start the conversation. If your church is like most, the pastors and staff are already aware of mental health needs in your faith community. Prayerfully consider if Jesus isn’t asking you to step up and reach out to the ones who can’t reach out for themselves. Continue reading