Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- What are the stats on disability and church?
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)...A necessary response to the "bipolar" epidemic
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @CatherineSBoyle: My latest post on @KeyMinistry blog. #pastors #highfunctioning #autism #mentalhealth #mentalillness #courage https://t… 9 hours ago
- RT @AbilityMinistry: They are live! Our "Don't Dis My Ability"shirts are available on the website. When we say limited quantity, we actua… 9 hours ago
- Health Matters: Caring for Children with Special Needs nbc-2.com/story/38818975… #Florida #medicallyfragile #pediatric 10 hours ago
- God’s Strength in My Weakness po.st/8LJwyI via @Hope_Anew 13 hours ago
- Don't start a new school year without support. Join one of our Facebook groups. Sign up here to get a link to join: bit.ly/KeyFBgroups 16 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Catherine Boyle
We’re delighted to welcome Catherine Boyle to our ministry team! Catherine will be assuming a key leadership role in overseeing our efforts to support churches in mental health outreach and inclusion. Continue reading
Registration is now open for Inclusion Fusion Live – a disability ministry conference hosted by Key Ministry on April 20th-21st, 2018 at Bay Presbyterian Church in Bay Village, Ohio. Continue reading
Does God have a place for you in his movement to transform the way the church loves persons touched by mental illness? Has he positioned you to be an agent of change in your church? Is he calling you to serve people in your community hurting as a result of mental illness? Has he positioned you to come alongside someone with mental illness to help them to overcome challenges that make it hard for them to be part of a worship service, small group or Bible study? Continue reading
I left feeling very encouraged that the Lord is raising up like-minded people in many different places to champion the development of mental health inclusion ministry as he is doing for special needs ministry. Continue reading
We’d like to invite as many of our friends and colleagues to join us and other champions for mental health outreach and inclusion at a special event next month for church leaders throughout the mid-Atlantic region and the East Coast. Continue reading
More than anything, mental health ministry is about your church community, as a whole, getting the concept that people with mental health issues aren’t problems to be solved, they are people to be loved.
Catherine Boyle… Stepping Into Mental Health Ministry: Understand Who Your Church Is and Find the Champions
Before launching the Ironbridge Baptist Church mental health pilot, I spent months talking and meeting with individuals of influence within the church community, many with ‘lived experience.’ The goal of such conversations was ultimately to generate support for the idea that we could – as a faith community – be much more upfront about the reality of mental illness, in all its various forms – and begin truly supporting one another. Continue reading
If you think mental health ministry is something your church should consider, just start the conversation. If your church is like most, the pastors and staff are already aware of mental health needs in your faith community. Prayerfully consider if Jesus isn’t asking you to step up and reach out to the ones who can’t reach out for themselves. Continue reading