Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- I took a deep breath and spoke calmly in spite of inner panic. “Okay, let’s talk about this”, I said, “What’s going… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- RT @JoniandFriends: It’s Pain Awareness Month, and if you know a person who struggles with a painful condition, ask for this weeks free rad… 9 hours ago
- RT @PartnersforGood: If you're feeling desperate, please reach out to a faith leader, a friend, or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). There IS hop… 9 hours ago
- Dr. G asked for personal stories about mental illness & church participation. If you work in ministry, unfamiliar w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- Follow link to register for this month's disability ministry Video Roundtable. Topic this month is supporting teens… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Patheos
Above all, we’re grateful to be part of a movement of God that’s so visibly transforming the ways in which churches minister with families affected by disability. Continue reading
What if the environments in which we “do church” are distressing to large segments of our population who struggle with common mental illnesses? And what about the family members of a child or adult with a mental illness who miss out on learning about Jesus or growing in faith in Jesus because attending church or belonging to a small group or participating in a service ministry is too overwhelming to their brother or mother? It’s not unreasonable to assume that a significant chunk of people in any given community have some experience of church but don’t regularly attend church because of the subtle, but real ways in which mental illness presents a barrier to the environments in which we do ministry. Continue reading