- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @JoniandFriends: There's still time! Visit our website to register for our Irresistible Church Disability Ministry Conference today! htt… 5 hours ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Burned out and wondering how to regroup? @MikeDobes knows how you feel! ow.ly/6Pxt30fjtLI 5 hours ago
- RT @jolenephilo: Home Again Podcast Welcomes You Home Again! - differentdream.com/2017/09/home-a… https://t.co/7otyASk0Tq 19 hours ago
- RT @ChurchLead: Check out this crucial conversation between @jasondaye and @JarridWilson churchleaders.com/podcast/310526… 1 day ago
- RT @ryanewolfe: youtu.be/e-I3jpvj-IY What if the Church was both encouraged & empowered to support families affected by disability? 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Disability Ministry
Starting this month, the Special Needs and Disability Ministry Leaders group is entering a whole new chapter. Continue reading
How many grandparents quietly, day in and day out, without fanfare or special recognition provide an irreplaceable blessing through the care they provide to children with disabilities? Continue reading
I worry that my own faith and the faith of many of my fellow Christians is a mile wide and an inch deep. It’s one thing to profess one’s faith in front of a room filled with like-minded people. It’s another thing when there might be a price attached to that profession. Continue reading
“Better has no endpoint.” Whatever stage we are at in our ministry work or our own walk with Christ, we recognize we are on a continuum. Continue reading
It makes me happy to think about other families having a strong faith foundation when the winds and waves of contemporary life come crashing against the shore. Continue reading
Our mission is successful when all families have the opportunity for memories of attending church together to form the foundation of their Christmas traditions. Continue reading
How shall we prepare now to fight the good fight in the years ahead when we’ll likely pay a price for practicing our faith? Continue reading
A mission trip planned by and for people with disabilities was exactly what we were hoping for as we were making our philosophical switch. Note that it was not something anyone from my leadership team came up with. It was an idea that was birthed by God through our friend Nick. Continue reading
Shannon shared the news that she’s transitioning off our ministry team with readers of her personal blog this past week. Our team is grateful for the time Shannon served with us. She’s a unique figure in the disability ministry movement … Continue reading
Our church community didn’t know what we would need, but they said yes with us: yes to loving through the brokenness, yes to being faithful to the ones (me included) who need to learn to trust once again, yes to a bit more chaos in our row during worship, yes to choosing to do good for young ones for whom others hadn’t always chosen good in their recent past. Continue reading