Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Join 24,281 other followers
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Idea Share is a time for disability ministry leaders from across the country to support and encourage each other wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- #mentalhealthministry #inclusion #reconciliation #thechurch #specialneedsministry #pastors #churchleaders https://t.co/Bo38582dA7 2 days ago
- GRACE empowers Christian communities to recognize, prevent, and respond to abuse. They offer plenty of resources f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Young women on the Autism spectrum often have similar social challenges as young men with Autism, but have the same… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- When young adults with disabilities lose access to the support services they’ve received through their youth, worri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Daily Archives: December 4, 2011
My purpose in writing this is to help parents and churches go into foster care ministry with their eyes open. Foster care ministry is an incredibly noble calling. Lots of kids are on way too much medication with way too many side effects with problems for which medication is likely to be of little benefit. Unfortunately, the implication of the 20/20 report that loving parents and the absence of medication will generally lead to happy endings for kids in foster care with problems that led to psychiatric referrals is at the very least incredibly naive, and at worst, a deliberate misrepresentation of reality. Continue reading