Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- #specialneeds parents experience unique #grief. Instead of regular stages/finding resolution, can be struck w/ grie… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 minutes ago
- Way back in 1970's, Tom and Anne Higgins of Fredericksburg, VA were creating special needs #ministry. Read about wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- Get started with mental health inclusion ministry today. buff.ly/2Gw2MIY #mentalhealth #mentalillness… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- If you follow our work, sign up for one of our email lists. So much good work is being done in special needs & ment… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- Crises of disability come at most inconvenient times: meltdown when heading out the door, shot of #pain in middle o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: adults
People who don’t have ADHD probably never imagine how much effort goes into the smallest task, the simplest morning routine, nor do they know how frustrating it is to spend that much effort and still do it badly. Continue reading
Many kids and adults experience mental health conditions that substantially limits their ability to participate in church as a major life activity while maintaining reasonably high levels of functioning at school, at work or at home. Continue reading
We also know that as recently as 2010, an extremely limited data set suggests the burgeoning disability ministry movement hasn’t yet made a statistically significant impact upon church attendance among adults with disabilities. Continue reading
Separation Anxiety Disorder is the most common anxiety disorder among kids ages 12 years and under. Separation Anxiety (along with Selective Mutism) was removed from the category of Disorders Usually First Diagnosed in Infancy, Childhood and Adolescence and included among anxiety disorders. The similarities between separation anxiety and selective mutism and other anxiety disorders led to the decision to include them in this category. Other data leading to the inclusion of separation anxiety was the observation that 0.9-1.9% of adults meet criteria for the condition during any twelve month period.
We’ll be doing a wrap-up Tweetchat EVERY NIGHT throughout the Web Summit from 9:00-10:00 PM Eastern…longer if everyone is having a good time. You’ll have the opportunity to connect and share ideas with many of our Inclusion Fusion Faculty, and interact with other pastors, church staff, volunteers and family members from anywhere in the world.