Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
February 2019 S M T W T F S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Online communities can be a great way to share resources, ask questions you may be hesitant to ask elsewhere and fi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 37 minutes ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: It’s a writing/editing day today! On March 4th this Bible study will release for Patreon supporters! https://t.co/oT4fpV… 1 hour ago
- RT @LisaMJamieson: If we see value in every person (from the pre-born to the dying), then let's put our values into action by engaging with… 1 hour ago
- Inclusion Fusion Live features 36 main stage and workshop speakers. Click the link to learn more and register.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @JoniandFriends: “Anybody can do disability ministry. You don’t have to have any special skill set or any special knowledge, you just ha… 5 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Disability
The court said the video’s depiction of happy Down syndrome children is “likely to disturb the conscience of women who had lawfully made different personal life choices.” Continue reading
How shall we prepare now to fight the good fight in the years ahead when we’ll likely pay a price for practicing our faith? Continue reading
I found myself thinking that on any given Sunday, most churches wouldn’t use the opportunity of their worship celebrations to intentionally welcome kids with disabilities and their families or to publicly acknowledge their value. J.R. Smith thought to do that for a boy with spina bifida on one of the biggest days of his life. Is it wrong to expect the same from our churches? Continue reading
It appears that adoptive families are more likely than others to face the challenge of dealing with disabilities among their children. Continue reading
Editor’s note: Jeff Davidson will be serving as our guest contributor to the blog in December, January and February. Jeff is the Founder and President/CEO of Rising Above Ministries, a national special needs ministry serving special needs families, and is … Continue reading
Show the love and grace we received from Christ with others, including those who have had abortions and those who are experiencing difficulties as parents of children with disabilities. Preach the gospel faithfully to those who did and those who didn’t choose life. Continue reading
We say we’re pro-life but our history concerned people with disabilities – both in the church and outside – says that maybe we aren’t. Maybe we value lives differently depending on what quantifiable contribution the person can make to society. Maybe we don’t want to talk about this because it hurts to acknowledge our hypocrisy. Maybe it’s easier for us to shout about the indignities against life seen in those videos than to admit the indignities against life when we use ability and disability as a measure of who is welcome and accommodated in our places of worship.
Thanks to the generosity of our friends at Community Bible Church in San Antonio, we’ll have a number of LIVE and prerecorded, interactive worship services that any family can join online this Easter weekend. Continue reading
It’s a worldwide heart issue! No parent should feel like their only option is to discard a child, and no child should be treated as anything less than deeply valuable. Continue reading