Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- If I were an executive director of a local mental health board, I can think of lots of reasons why I'd be intereste… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 28 minutes ago
- With newness of #backtoschool routines, sometimes kids w/ hidden disabilities display inappropriate behavior. But b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- RT @AbilityMinistry: Can you just imagine the kingdom impact if all churches did this? “I was blown away. This was a first. Never had I fo… 8 hours ago
- RT @Respect_Ability: “.@Delta has just released a detailed guide of the various accommodations and features available when traveling with t… 8 hours ago
- RT @LisaMJamieson: Podcast recording today with Shug Bury of HIM4Her Radio. Special needs moms are being given a voice! Her Women's HOT Top… 8 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Disability
Janet’s long history of advocacy for persons with disabilities isn’t the only reason why I wanted her to have the opportunity to attend our conference and connect with the leaders and speakers in attendance. I knew Janet could speak into disability issues from the perspective of someone who has been there and done that. Continue reading
The court said the video’s depiction of happy Down syndrome children is “likely to disturb the conscience of women who had lawfully made different personal life choices.” Continue reading
How shall we prepare now to fight the good fight in the years ahead when we’ll likely pay a price for practicing our faith? Continue reading
I found myself thinking that on any given Sunday, most churches wouldn’t use the opportunity of their worship celebrations to intentionally welcome kids with disabilities and their families or to publicly acknowledge their value. J.R. Smith thought to do that for a boy with spina bifida on one of the biggest days of his life. Is it wrong to expect the same from our churches? Continue reading
It appears that adoptive families are more likely than others to face the challenge of dealing with disabilities among their children. Continue reading
Editor’s note: Jeff Davidson will be serving as our guest contributor to the blog in December, January and February. Jeff is the Founder and President/CEO of Rising Above Ministries, a national special needs ministry serving special needs families, and is … Continue reading
Show the love and grace we received from Christ with others, including those who have had abortions and those who are experiencing difficulties as parents of children with disabilities. Preach the gospel faithfully to those who did and those who didn’t choose life. Continue reading
We say we’re pro-life but our history concerned people with disabilities – both in the church and outside – says that maybe we aren’t. Maybe we value lives differently depending on what quantifiable contribution the person can make to society. Maybe we don’t want to talk about this because it hurts to acknowledge our hypocrisy. Maybe it’s easier for us to shout about the indignities against life seen in those videos than to admit the indignities against life when we use ability and disability as a measure of who is welcome and accommodated in our places of worship.