Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Shannon Dingle...Why do you keep writing about how broken kids in foster or adoptive placements are?
- Mental illness and violence…What does the data say?
- The stories you’ve shared about mental health and the church
- Resources for readers of Mental Health and the Church
- For such a time as this… Mental Health and the Church
- We’re looking for people to share their stories about mental health and the church
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- After-school program for children with special needs to open in March kshb.com/news/education… 11 minutes ago
- Four Signs Your Church Needs a Special-Needs Ministry keyministry.org/church4everych… 13 hours ago
- A Path Chosen For Me keyministry.org/specialneedspa… 16 hours ago
- Continually Seek God keyministry.org/specialneedspa… via @tammiehefty 17 hours ago
- For people with disabilities, there’s such a thing as too much savings. Here’s a way around that. newsobserver.com/news/politics-… 20 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: barriers
I suspect that past experiences of church may be a major barrier to current church involvement for many adults with a history of mental illness or parents of children or teens with significant mental health conditions. Continue reading
Is there a way of making available an alternative path…an accommodation available to those who need it? Continue reading
I’ve come to the conclusion that our team at Key Ministry needs to, at the very least, put forth a conceptual model for a mental health/trauma inclusion ministry that could be implemented by churches of all sizes, denominations and organizational styles. Continue reading
Last Sunday, we examined some of the challenges to spiritual growth kids with Asperger’s Disorder are likely to encounter. Today, we’ll focus our attention more specifically on barriers to inclusion of kids with Asperger’s at church.