Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
- What are the stats on disability and church?
- Special Education and Christian Schools
- Christians, are we being wise with the words orphan and fatherless?
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
February 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- #joy #crying #Psalms #Bible #specialneeds #mentalhealth #Churchfamily #hope https://t.co/uDD0Ruiey7 1 day ago
- #Bible #heart #intentions #discernment #specialneeds #mentalhealth #youth https://t.co/onRhhEXHM8 2 days ago
- Eating disorders and self-harm often co-occur. March is #selfharmawareness month. Learn signs of self-harm, and how… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: This month we are excited to hear from Beth Golik, who is the disability ministry consultant for @KeyMinistry and the sp… 2 days ago
- This Sunday, February 28, St. Lucy's Guide is hosting a free discussion with Shelly Christensen, noted author on in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Asperger’s Disorder
Editor’s note: This post was updated to reflect that SEVEN Facebook communities are now up and running for families of kids with disabilities, including a group led by Sandra Peoples for ministry families impacted by disability. Key for Families seeks … Continue reading
This post was updated to reflect that SEVEN Facebook communities are now up and running for families of kids with disabilities, including a group led by Sandra Peoples for ministry families impacted by disability. Continue reading
Key Ministry has developed many resources for pastors, church staff members, volunteers and families interested in supporting kids with autism spectrum disorders. We encourage you to share this listing freely with any church or any family that would find the resources helpful. Continue reading
I’d be delighted if you could join me and several excellent speakers in Louisville, KY on Saturday, November 7 as the Kentucky United Methodist Church Conference on Children’s and Family Ministry sponsors An Inclusive Children’s Ministry, a free, one day conference for children’s leaders and parents to learn how to make ministry to children inclusive of all children.
Twenty-six million Americans with disabilities are of working age. Every year an additional 50,000 young adults with autism diligently search and struggle for employment. Many of these young adults experience chronic under-employment and unemployment. These practical tips can empower your child for employment and independence. Continue reading
I do not even know how to approach joining a church now since it is so evident that no one at my old church in my old city wants anything to do with me. For all the talk on forgiveness, I am apparently too eccentric and egocentric to be forgiven and to be accepted. Moreover, if not even loving Christians can put up with me, the rest of the world seems scary. Continue reading
It’s particularly difficult to understand why parents who might be able to maintain a job and a household or kids who are able to school without one-on-one aides or lots of support services aren’t able to attend church. I’ll try to explain why in today’s post…and give churches a conceptual framework for anticipating the obstacles kids and adults might experience in attending church and addressing them so they no longer remain obstacles.
Carrie will be sharing strategies for effectively including kids with mental illness, trauma and developmental disabilities into Sunday School settings and offering practical tips for managing behavior for children who struggle with impulse control and self-regulation. I’ll be offering an overview of why including kids with hidden disabilities and their families is so important for the local church, and discussing how common conditions including ADHD, anxiety and Asperger’s Disorder may impact spiritual development in children and teens. Continue reading
We’ll talk about the functional impairments associated with ADHD, anxiety disorders and Asperger’s Disorder in children and teens, and share practical ideas for addressing the challenges each condition poses to “doing church” for the affected kids and their families. Continue reading