Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Join 24,281 other followers
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
September 2022 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- GRACE empowers Christian communities to recognize, prevent, and respond to abuse. They offer plenty of resources f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Young women on the Autism spectrum often have similar social challenges as young men with Autism, but have the same… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- When young adults with disabilities lose access to the support services they’ve received through their youth, worri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- @NathanielsHope How are your families, homes and the Nathaniel’s Hope office? 18 hours ago
- Please continue to pray for those affected by Hurricane Ian. Here are special needs resources for South Carolina:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Autism
Based upon my observations from thirty years as a child psychiatrist, here are five groups of kids I’m most concerned about this school year. Continue reading
If your church is has an online presence and an interest in disability ministry, your online presence needs to be a critical component of your disability ministry strategy.
It’s very possible that the COVID-19 pandemic will have provided the impetus for introducing many local churches to people in their communities with conditions that would otherwise make in-person attendance either highly unlikely or impossible.
We’re hosting a very special worship service for families impacted by disability who don’t have a church this Easter morning Continue reading
Janet’s long history of advocacy for persons with disabilities isn’t the only reason why I wanted her to have the opportunity to attend our conference and connect with the leaders and speakers in attendance. I knew Janet could speak into disability issues from the perspective of someone who has been there and done that. Continue reading
Sandra has written a remarkable book that will be a great source of comfort and encouragement through revealing “the joys and possibilities of life in a special needs family.” Continue reading
The study found that the children most likely to be excluded from church are those with autism spectrum disorders and common mental health conditions – anxiety, depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder and ADHD. Continue reading
We need churches committed to welcoming children, teens and adults on the autism spectrum of typical to high intelligence and affording them opportunities for using their considerable gifts and talents to advance the mission of the church. Continue reading
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
Key Ministry has developed an array of resources for pastors, church staff members, volunteers and families interested in supporting kids with autism spectrum disorders. We encourage you to share these resources freely with church leaders or families that would find them helpful. Continue reading