- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @amyjuliabecker: Receive my new free eBook, Missing Out on Beautiful - 7 Essays about Raising a Child with Down Syndrome: https://t.co/d… 3 hours ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: What if we were INTENTIONAL about making some blank space in our lives? ow.ly/idDd30g0qFD #disability #specialneeds… 17 hours ago
- "The older I get, the more I have to trust in God and rely on His grace and direction to carry me through."… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- 10 ways to be a safe church for sexual assault survivors buff.ly/2yzyCzR #metoo https://t.co/CzKWDsN1pV 23 hours ago
- Activity ideas specifically for teens/adults with disabilities (including those living in group homes).… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: anxiety
“The faith formula for healing…if you have enough faith, you’ll be healed…is absolutely wrong.” Continue reading
But the newer thinking is that it’s not your body that disables you, it’s the environment around you.” For example, an environment full of stairs is actually what disables a person in a wheelchair. “That’s a much more interesting way to look at disability,” he adds. “So the onus isn’t on the ‘disabled’ person, it’s on the environment and on all of us.”
Is there a way of making available an alternative path…an accommodation available to those who need it? Continue reading
Patients with depression were eleven times more likely to experience significant benefit from antidepressant medication than to experience medication-related suicidal thinking or behavior, patients with OCD were thirty-four times more likely to experience benefit and patients with non-OCD anxiety were thirty-six times more likely to experience benefit. Continue reading
What I was most struck by in Elijah’s story was the extent to which the disconnect between his expectations and reality contributed to his feelings of hopelessness and despair. We struggle greatly when our expectations don’t meet our circumstances… Continue reading
In this counseling Summit, we’ll offer practical strategies for identifying and treating the most common…and pressing mental health concerns in children and teens. Continue reading