Join me at Evangelicals for Life!
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
December 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: To find that Star of Bethlehem, we need only look inside ourselves. ow.ly/74b830heMGJ via @EvanaSandusky 1 day ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: Often the typical siblings of kids with disabilities need their own thing so they don’t feel forgotten or unimportant. (… 1 day ago
- RT @jolenephilo: This Is the Hope of Christmas - differentdream.com/2017/12/this-i… https://t.co/jRG4vUtEI8 2 days ago
- Your goal isn't to meet everyone's expectations. It's to do what's best for your child and your family. It's to poi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: How is the parent of a child with additional needs supposed to push back the dark around Christmas? https://t.co/vuPciJs01… 4 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: anxiety
“The faith formula for healing…if you have enough faith, you’ll be healed…is absolutely wrong.” Continue reading
But the newer thinking is that it’s not your body that disables you, it’s the environment around you.” For example, an environment full of stairs is actually what disables a person in a wheelchair. “That’s a much more interesting way to look at disability,” he adds. “So the onus isn’t on the ‘disabled’ person, it’s on the environment and on all of us.”
Is there a way of making available an alternative path…an accommodation available to those who need it? Continue reading
Patients with depression were eleven times more likely to experience significant benefit from antidepressant medication than to experience medication-related suicidal thinking or behavior, patients with OCD were thirty-four times more likely to experience benefit and patients with non-OCD anxiety were thirty-six times more likely to experience benefit. Continue reading
What I was most struck by in Elijah’s story was the extent to which the disconnect between his expectations and reality contributed to his feelings of hopelessness and despair. We struggle greatly when our expectations don’t meet our circumstances… Continue reading
In this counseling Summit, we’ll offer practical strategies for identifying and treating the most common…and pressing mental health concerns in children and teens. Continue reading