- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Take time to draw closer to God and soak in His presence. comfortinthemidstofchaos.com/2017/07/who-mo… #SacredSunday #Bible 2 hours ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: Know our son is likely a 4 is a huge help! // The Enneagram of Parenting on sale for $0.99 amzn.to/2trQ06m 2 hours ago
- The Phrase I’ve Stopped Saying When I’m Trying to Help Someone sandrapeoples.com/the-phrase-ive… 2 hours ago
- Email beth@ keyministry.org for help finding a church that will welcome your family! https://t.co/0hVF4atPh6 2 days ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: One of the BIGGEST challenges for a #specialneeds mom is to let go of control. ow.ly/dlaW30dNzuf via Wendy Heyn 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Special Needs Ministry TweetChat
Cindi Ferrini was the special guest last night for SNAPPIN’ Ministries Special Needs Ministry Tweetchat…transcript available here. The discussion topic was Marriage With Special Needs Children. A number of participants had commented on the outstanding presentation Cindi and her husband (Joe) gave for last fall’s Inclusion Fusion on The Unexpected Journey of Relationships…When Special Needs Change Our Course. Here’s the video from Cindi and Joe’s presentation:
Barb invited me to share some resources that might be of help to church staff, pastors and volunteers who desire to minister more effectively to families impacted by mental illness. Here are five organizations worth checking out… Continue reading
Today’s interview segment with Rhett Smith is the perfect discussion starter for tonight’s Special Needs Ministry TweetChat on the impact of mental illness at church. In Part Four of our interview with Rhett, he shares ideas for pastors, church staff and volunteers for making church a more welcoming place for children and adults with anxiety. Continue reading
Anxiety is a classic example of a “hidden disability. In the third segment of his current series, Rhett Smith discusses some not so obvious ways in which anxiety presents significant barriers to church attendance and engagement for kids as well as adults. Rhett is the author of the new book, The Anxious Christian: Can God Use Your Anxiety for Good?. Continue reading