Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- What are the stats on disability and church?
- The evangelical understanding of mental illness...How Freud, Skinner, Rogers and Ellis led to Jay Adams
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Five reasons churches shouldn’t have vaccine policies
- When Kids Become Aggressive at Church
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
December 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @CatherineSBoyle: Such a great building/museum & location for @autismspeaks #conference. #autism #specialneeds #disability #IFL2020 @Key… 3 hours ago
- #mentalhealth #friendship #gospel #anxiety #depression #specialneeds #IFL2020 @drgrcevich https://t.co/orTT40Ugif 5 hours ago
- Looking to invest your financial resources to advance the cause of #mentalhealth & #disability #ministry? Partner w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- We welcome #ministry leaders & #mentalhealth professionals to join our #group for mental health ministry leaders. G… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- We now recognize alternative, #nonverbal ways in which we can #communicate. Most churches, however, still rely heav… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Special Needs Parenting
Jeff was a true champion of fathers of kids with special needs. His ability to speak into the lives of men struggling with the feelings of hopelessness common to dads in families impacted by disability is irreplaceable. His words of wisdom will be a blessing to men who missed out on knowing him in this life.
Yet we know that even in this unexpected life of ours, God’s grace abounds. He heals, restores, comforts and strengthens. He is a God who saves.
We learn to delight in what is and let go of what illness and disability has robbed us and our kids. Continue reading
We seek to connect families with churches close to where they live. We need LOTS and LOTS of churches willing and prepared to welcome families impacted by disability. And that’s where you come in. Continue reading
As we embark upon a new ministry year, I’m especially enthused about the relationship we’re building with Sandra Peoples and her team of writers at Not Alone, the special needs parenting website launched in 2013 by our friend and former colleague Mike Woods Continue reading
God pours his gold into our broken places, making us whole, making us stronger, making us interesting and beautiful in a way that surpasses what others would call perfect. Continue reading
One of the greatest gifts parents who are overwhelmed can receive is the knowledge that they are not alone. The relationships that come through meeting others on the same journey provide meaningful connections and support. Continue reading
Throughout the years I have seen healing of deeply held emotional and spiritual wounds through coming together in a supportive, welcoming Christian community and working through our challenges together. Continue reading