Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Shannon Dingle...Why do you keep writing about how broken kids in foster or adoptive placements are?
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
- Adoption and the Church...Shannon Dingle
- Hi, I'm Shannon, and this is my family
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- We hope you have a restful weekend! #rest #weekend #God #Genesis https://t.co/1xLlgQqiUs 1 day ago
- Looking for #research & #statistics on mental illness? Here are 3 studies that offer a comprehensive look at mental… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We're kind of partial to one of the #books we offer, but the #writers on our writing team have terrific #insights,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- It’s $5 Friday! We’re asking our friends and followers to donate $5 to help us equip churches to welcome families w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- #Trauma affects large numbers of children, adults. Here are 10 insights about #PTSD churches can use to understand… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Monthly Archives: January 2015
In other words, church, we have a great opportunity to love those affected by trauma! The need is great. Kids are hurting. Adults are too. Families are struggling. And the first step in being able to help is understanding the need. Jesus met people where they were, and so can we. Continue reading
It’s important for our readers to understand how central Adams has been in impacting how pastors from evangelical and reformed traditions think about mental illness and pastoral counseling. Continue reading
The administration and students of Louisville High School found a spectacular way to demonstrate Nate’s value to the community this past week. Continue reading
The evangelical understanding of mental illness…How Freud, Skinner, Rogers and Ellis led to Jay Adams
We’re beginning a series today on the theme Sin, Mental Illness and the Church. This study will be accompanied by a more in-depth, optional online study group (you may register here) including Bible reading/study and supplemental media to enlighten participants as … Continue reading
Our friends at Insight for Living put together a fabulous discussion between Chuck Swindoll, his daughter Colleen Swindoll-Thompson and Steve Fischer entitled Transforming the Soul-What We Didn’t Learn in Seminary. Continue reading
Shannon will be leading a workshop on The Special Needs of Foster and Adoptive Families and leading a roundtable discussion on What are some practical implications of the verse “Blessed are the nations whose God is the Lord?”
We appear to be far more interested in (and comfortable with) outreach to kids, teens and adults who we view as having little or no moral culpability for their disabilities. Continue reading
So what should you do if there’s a child with HIV in your church? The same thing you should do otherwise: use best practices for first aid and show love to the child and parents. Continue reading