Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Depression in Children and Teens...A Primer for Pastors, Church Staff and Christian Parents
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- What are the stats on disability and church?
- Special Education and Christian Schools
- Leading a spiritually disciplined life as a person with ADHD...
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
June 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- If your Dad has a heart for the kind of work we do, you can celebrate him with a tribute donation: in his honor, or… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- A church for every child and a mug for every dad? Definitely! Order yours today to show Dad some Father's Day love.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Some ppl w/ limited speech may use #AAC (augmentative & alternative communication) speech-generating devices. For 7… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- We'll have video from today's roundtable discussion on our Youtube/Vimeo channels tomorrow. Next week: join us Wedn… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- #praiseGod #sing #disabilityinclusion #gratitude #HeavenlyFather #FathersDay https://t.co/fmfUvT520G 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Insight for Living
Chuck Swindoll will be teaching on the topic What if you have a disability? this coming Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (February 24-26) as part of his current series What If? airing from January 26-March 16. Continue reading
Our friends at Insight for Living put together a fabulous discussion between Chuck Swindoll, his daughter Colleen Swindoll-Thompson and Steve Fischer entitled Transforming the Soul-What We Didn’t Learn in Seminary. Continue reading
We’re going to be sharing (approximately 9:55 Eastern time) a video interview Colleen Swindoll-Thompson conducted recently with Joni and Ken Tada. Continue reading
Yet, in it all, I have more freedom, more joy, more hope because it is birthed and grown by the grace of my sovereign, faithful, good, unlimited God and Heavenly Father. Dear friend or parent, if I may offer you some rays of hope in the dark tunnel of autism, may our Lord be honored and your soul be filled with hope. Continue reading
Colleen Swindoll-Thompson asked her adult children to speak on the challenges siblings experience when a brother or sister experiences a disability. Siblings are often forgotten, judged, misunderstood, and suffer many challenges. Colleen’s children (Ashley, Austin and Cody) shared their experiences growing up with a brother with significant special needs. Continue reading
In our interview, Colleen and I had the opportunity to discuss the challenges families face in attending church when kids have mental illnesses Continue reading
Chuck spoke at length about the impact of Jonathan’s disability on their family, how his presence in the family has been a blessing, and how Jonathan has helped him become more effective in his ministry to people with disabilities. Continue reading
Insight for Living’s Special Needs Ministry account on Facebook was hacked recently, greatly limiting Colleen’s ability to disseminate her blog and lend support to many families of kids with disabilities. This is completely unacceptable. Continue reading
Our ministry team is very grateful that Chuck agreed to be our Keynote Speaker for our first annual Special Needs Ministry Web Summit. Chuck’s presentation addresses the challenges families, church staff and volunteers face in demonstrating the love of Christ to persons with special needs. He and his daughter Colleen also sat for a two-part interview with Katie Wetherbee during which Katie had the opportunity to ask Chuck the types of questions that families of kids and adults with disabilities would want him to answer. Continue reading