Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- What are the stats on adoption, trauma and disability?
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
- The evangelical understanding of mental illness...How Freud, Skinner, Rogers and Ellis led to Jay Adams
- Special Education and Christian Schools
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
March 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- @drgrcevich 60+ presentations on SlideShare, also linked on Mental Health Ministry section of Key Ministry website.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @JoscelynRC: 🎙Thankful to @KeyMinistry for giving me the opportunity to talk about @HopeIntlChurch & sharing their work within the comm… 3 hours ago
- Our series on cultural competence in mental health ministry continues: March 10, @JoscelynRC will join us to talk a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- #wordofGod #Bible #specialneeds #mentalhealth #disability https://t.co/Ac4rKnvCDk 18 hours ago
- March is Trisomy Awareness month. Trisomy Awareness has resources for parents, including tools for managing your ch… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: youth ministry
The study found that the children most likely to be excluded from church are those with autism spectrum disorders and common mental health conditions – anxiety, depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder and ADHD. Continue reading
Suicidal thinking and the severity of suicidal behavior are HIGHLY correlated with sexual activity in teens. Continue reading
But excluding unvaccinated or undervaccinated children would mean turning away a significant group of families. Continue reading
Is it our unwillingness to affirm the risky behaviors that all too often lead to tragic consequences or a hopelessly broken, messed up culture that tells emotionally vulnerable teens that they’re defined by who they’re attracted to and their desirability to potential sexual partners? Continue reading
So what should you do if there’s a child with HIV in your church? The same thing you should do otherwise: use best practices for first aid and show love to the child and parents. Continue reading
We think the stories are an accurate reflection of the progress the church has made…and how far we have yet to go… Continue reading
Would it make more sense to err on the side of grace in how we view families of kids with ADHD, at least until we know them well enough to feel we could walk in their shoes? Continue reading
“People in the church believe they can tell when a disability ends and bad parenting begins.” Continue reading
Dr. Barkley’s theories suggest that ADHD is a disorder not only of attention, but of executive functioning as well. Executive functioning describes a set of cognitive abilities involved in controlling and regulating other abilities and behaviors. Such functions are necessary in initiating goal-directed behavior, suppressing impulses arising from lower brain centers, and planning future behavior.