Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Shannon Dingle...Why do you keep writing about how broken kids in foster or adoptive placements are?
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
- Adoption and the Church...Shannon Dingle
- Hi, I'm Shannon, and this is my family
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- We hope you have a restful weekend! #rest #weekend #God #Genesis https://t.co/1xLlgQqiUs 1 day ago
- Looking for #research & #statistics on mental illness? Here are 3 studies that offer a comprehensive look at mental… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We're kind of partial to one of the #books we offer, but the #writers on our writing team have terrific #insights,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- It’s $5 Friday! We’re asking our friends and followers to donate $5 to help us equip churches to welcome families w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- #Trauma affects large numbers of children, adults. Here are 10 insights about #PTSD churches can use to understand… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Christians
How shall we prepare now to fight the good fight in the years ahead when we’ll likely pay a price for practicing our faith? Continue reading
Pain and grief were emotions created by God, you should not feel guilty for feeling them. Being depressed does not mean you no longer love Jesus or that Jesus no longer loves you. Continue reading
They’re killing the “brand” of Christianity with those outside the church.
Why can’t Christians be as bold and confident in advancing our cause as the Planned Parenthood folks and other “progressive” organizations are in advancing theirs?
Jesus is eminently clear in his communication. If we as Christians identify with Jesus, seek to do His will and work to expand His Kingdom, we can expect others will…
Seek to destroy our reputation
Attempt to intimidate us and silence us
Use government authorities to try to stop us
Hate us Continue reading
I’m not so sure about the impact of visible disabilities upon ability to perform effectively in leadership positions, but there’s interesting evidence to suggest that traits associated with hidden disabilities may be very adaptive for some leaders.
The “elephant in the living room” in our ongoing culture wars is that Jesus, Christianity and the teachings of Scripture make some people very, very uncomfortable. After all, if Jesus is who He says He is and if the Bible is what it claims to be (the inerrant Word of God), a response is demanded of each of us. God’s standard is PERFECTION. NONE of us are capable of meeting the standard on our own. Recognition of our own inadequacy to save ourselves and the desire to receive God’s grace and forgiveness lead us, through faith, to acknowledge Jesus as Savior and Lord. We then seek to be obedient to Him and embark upon a process in which our actions and desires over time become aligned with his desires. But some people aren’t ready to go there.
Effective treatment of your child’s mental health condition can often reduce or remove significant barriers to spiritual growth. Unfortunately, parents may find it far easier to find someone to fix their kid than finding someone to fix the attitudes demonstrated toward persons experiencing mental illness at their church. Continue reading
Why can’t Christians be as bold and confident in advancing our cause as the Planned Parenthood folks and other “progressive” organizations are in advancing theirs? Continue reading