Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Mental illness and violence...What does the data say?
- Why we can't acknowledge the presence of evil
- Please don’t say “all kids do that” to adoptive and foster families...
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Shannon Dingle...Why do you keep writing about how broken kids in foster or adoptive placements are?
- Mental illness and violence…What does the data say?
- The stories you’ve shared about mental health and the church
- Resources for readers of Mental Health and the Church
- For such a time as this… Mental Health and the Church
- We’re looking for people to share their stories about mental health and the church
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Could your view of God affect your perseverance in parenting? keyministry.org/specialneedspa… via @RedefineSpecial… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Children’s Books Honored For Disability Themes disabilityscoop.com/2018/02/13/chi… 7 hours ago
- Massachusetts father invents braille toy for special-needs child wwlp.com/2018/02/11/mas… via @WWLP22News 11 hours ago
- Have you left us a review of MENTAL HEALTH & THE CHURCH yet? We would be so grateful if you would take a little tim… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Special needs son inspires Valley mom to help others fox5vegas.com/story/37499518… #LasVegas 14 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: suicide
If we could eradicate all mental illness, we would reduce acts of violence by approximately 4%. Continue reading
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
Is the stigma against treatment of mental illness generally, and treatment of ADHD specifically a contributing factor to the difference in rates of completed suicide among African-American children and other ethnic groups? Continue reading
Teens who voluntarily engage in sexual activity or are victims of sexual violence are far more likely to experience suicidal thinking or behavior than their peers. Continue reading
Pain and grief were emotions created by God, you should not feel guilty for feeling them. Being depressed does not mean you no longer love Jesus or that Jesus no longer loves you. Continue reading
70 child abuse allegations are made against churches in the US each week. Continue reading
We know that most kids with gender non-conformity become comfortable with their biological sex as they progress through childhood. For those who continue to experience significant gender discordance as adolescents, far too many will have experienced trauma, mental illness, social isolation, self-injury and suicidal thoughts.
We regularly watch TV shows and movies that treat mental illness, and people who have such illnesses, as one big joke.
My friend was very pleased that the stuff going on in his new church was compelling enough to draw this person into what was likely a very uncomfortable situation for someone of his appearance, but was more pleased by the way the people of his church welcomed him, accepted him into the congregation and treated him with respect. Continue reading