Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Depression in Children and Teens...A Primer for Pastors, Church Staff and Christian Parents
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- What are the stats on disability and church?
- Special Education and Christian Schools
- Leading a spiritually disciplined life as a person with ADHD...
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
June 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- If your Dad has a heart for the kind of work we do, you can celebrate him with a tribute donation: in his honor, or… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 39 minutes ago
- A church for every child and a mug for every dad? Definitely! Order yours today to show Dad some Father's Day love.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- Some ppl w/ limited speech may use #AAC (augmentative & alternative communication) speech-generating devices. For 7… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- We'll have video from today's roundtable discussion on our Youtube/Vimeo channels tomorrow. Next week: join us Wedn… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- #praiseGod #sing #disabilityinclusion #gratitude #HeavenlyFather #FathersDay https://t.co/fmfUvT520G 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: suicide
Dr. Grcevich shares several hypotheses about contributing factors to the rapidly increasing rates of suicide in older children and teens. Continue reading
A psychiatrist looks at how the church can better support pastors who wrestle with suicidal thoughts. Continue reading
In the absence of any data supporting an association between traditional religious beliefs and increases in suicidal thinking or behavior in children and adolescents, suggesting an ethical mandate exists to influence kids with same-sex attraction to leave their places of worship for more “affirming” congregations or suggesting parents need to “process their religious commitments in light of evidence-based recommendations” is extremely premature at best, demonstrates an extraordinary lack of cultural sensitivity and ignores the ways in which spiritual formation and church attendance may help mitigate the increased risk of suicidal behavior among sexual minority youth. Continue reading
Suicidal thinking and the severity of suicidal behavior are HIGHLY correlated with sexual activity in teens. Continue reading
Here are eight thoughts for church leaders and my fellow Christians to consider in making sense of the suicide epidemic. Continue reading
If we could eradicate all mental illness, we would reduce acts of violence by approximately 4%. Continue reading
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
Is the stigma against treatment of mental illness generally, and treatment of ADHD specifically a contributing factor to the difference in rates of completed suicide among African-American children and other ethnic groups? Continue reading
Teens who voluntarily engage in sexual activity or are victims of sexual violence are far more likely to experience suicidal thinking or behavior than their peers. Continue reading
Pain and grief were emotions created by God, you should not feel guilty for feeling them. Being depressed does not mean you no longer love Jesus or that Jesus no longer loves you. Continue reading