Join me at Evangelicals for Life!
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Just as we cheer on and encourage our challenged children, so God speaks truth into us. ow.ly/Cwvv30gGsQT via @melod… 6 hours ago
- You can now apply to be a breakout session speaker at Inclusion Fusion Live 2018! buff.ly/2zTr7GS https://t.co/u4StUXfN2U 14 hours ago
- RT @jolenephilo: 6 tips for a better Thanksgiving with your kids who have special needs. fb.me/1uDkTbLSQ 14 hours ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: Today is the last day to join my private Facebook group that focuses on #selfcare for the #specialneedsmom if you want a… 14 hours ago
- Our Key Ministry team is looking for some folks who would like to help us put together a disability ministry confer… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: suicide
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
Is the stigma against treatment of mental illness generally, and treatment of ADHD specifically a contributing factor to the difference in rates of completed suicide among African-American children and other ethnic groups? Continue reading
Teens who voluntarily engage in sexual activity or are victims of sexual violence are far more likely to experience suicidal thinking or behavior than their peers. Continue reading
Pain and grief were emotions created by God, you should not feel guilty for feeling them. Being depressed does not mean you no longer love Jesus or that Jesus no longer loves you. Continue reading
70 child abuse allegations are made against churches in the US each week. Continue reading
We know that most kids with gender non-conformity become comfortable with their biological sex as they progress through childhood. For those who continue to experience significant gender discordance as adolescents, far too many will have experienced trauma, mental illness, social isolation, self-injury and suicidal thoughts.
We regularly watch TV shows and movies that treat mental illness, and people who have such illnesses, as one big joke.
My friend was very pleased that the stuff going on in his new church was compelling enough to draw this person into what was likely a very uncomfortable situation for someone of his appearance, but was more pleased by the way the people of his church welcomed him, accepted him into the congregation and treated him with respect. Continue reading
When the leader of your church talks about mental illness from the pulpit or the stage during weekend worship services, they communicate to the body that people with mental illness are valued and grant permission for members and attendees to talk with others in the church about their experiences.