Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
December 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @jolenephilo: This #DreamTeam post is so, so important. inlinkz.com/displayurl.php… 4 hours ago
- RT @haguejason: jasonhague.com/2014/12/22/whe… 4 hours ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: So it's definitely for those in the beginning and those who feel a little more seasoned in the special needs life!” 🙌😊🙌… 5 hours ago
- Next week Sandra Peoples will be releasing a study guide that goes along with Unexpected Blessings: The Joys and Po… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- RT @ryanewolfe: Getting ready to film a short training on the importance of reporting abuse and neglect in ministry @AbilityMinistry #Dis… 11 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: suicide
Suicidal thinking and the severity of suicidal behavior are HIGHLY correlated with sexual activity in teens. Continue reading
Here are eight thoughts for church leaders and my fellow Christians to consider in making sense of the suicide epidemic. Continue reading
If we could eradicate all mental illness, we would reduce acts of violence by approximately 4%. Continue reading
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
Is the stigma against treatment of mental illness generally, and treatment of ADHD specifically a contributing factor to the difference in rates of completed suicide among African-American children and other ethnic groups? Continue reading
Teens who voluntarily engage in sexual activity or are victims of sexual violence are far more likely to experience suicidal thinking or behavior than their peers. Continue reading
Pain and grief were emotions created by God, you should not feel guilty for feeling them. Being depressed does not mean you no longer love Jesus or that Jesus no longer loves you. Continue reading
70 child abuse allegations are made against churches in the US each week. Continue reading
We know that most kids with gender non-conformity become comfortable with their biological sex as they progress through childhood. For those who continue to experience significant gender discordance as adolescents, far too many will have experienced trauma, mental illness, social isolation, self-injury and suicidal thoughts.