Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @AbilityMinistry: "80% of all disabilities go unseen by the naked eye. Mental illness is one of the top hidden disabilities." Check out… 11 hours ago
- In Bible times, an earthen vessel was the least fancy, least perfect, not polished. Paul writes to the Corinthians… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Churches rightly support families who provide foster care or adopt children. Part of preparation churches should do… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @PatriciaSprink2: @KellyMRosati @KeyMinistry So proud to see this on my companies internal web page !!! https://t.co/MFrFZ3T9C9 1 day ago
- #summer2019 #family #vacation https://t.co/5dbM5i0Nvb 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Leadership
BUT, if your church is considering getting a Special Needs Ministry off the ground, here are some things to consider for choosing the right person to get that ministry going: Continue reading
My pastor announced his resignation yesterday. I’ll miss him greatly. Continue reading
Bring your stories of redemption, we say. Your testimonies of sobriety are welcome here. But if you’re in the muck right now, we’d really rather you clean yourself up because we don’t really want to get dirty. Continue reading
If the parent of a child with special needs wants to serve or lead in disability ministry at your church, don’t say no. But do ask some questions out of love, knowing that these parents willing to serve also need to be served too. Continue reading
I thought I’d share links to a couple of excellent articles for your reading pleasure that postulate specific advantages to two hidden disabilities in the formation of successful leaders. Continue reading
We’ve also sought to establish a culture that other strong leaders with big visions can join. We’re not just providing a service…we’re part of a movement. And movements need lots of high-capacity leaders with big visions. And we need to learn from other high-capacity leaders if we’re to honor God by doing what we do with a level of excellence that reflects His nature and character.
During March, we’ll share six “Key” strategies…operating principles and approaches that provide a framework for our staff and volunteers when unexpected opportunities arise. Continue reading
Why can’t Christians be as bold and confident in advancing our cause as the Planned Parenthood folks and other “progressive” organizations are in advancing theirs?
As a leader you know you should ‘do something’ about all those people with disabilities around you – but what? If you’ve been stuck about what to do, maybe its because you don’t have the proper motivation. It isn’t really about them, but about your pursuing your own joy in God! Continue reading
I’m not so sure about the impact of visible disabilities upon ability to perform effectively in leadership positions, but there’s interesting evidence to suggest that traits associated with hidden disabilities may be very adaptive for some leaders.