Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- #Fear #trust #Jesus #Bible #specialneeds #mentalhealth #emotionalhealth #OnlinePastorsRetreat #Pastor #church… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- #internationalweekofthedeaf. Special needs minister: what are some things your team can do to ensure inclusion of s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Hurry! The Online Pastors' Retreat price increases tomorrow! Register by midnight tonight for $39, tomorrow the pri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Hurry! Early bird registration for Online Pastors' Retreat ends tomorrow, September 22! Only $39 through Tuesday.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- September 22: National Online Recovery Day, to raise awareness for online treatment of substance abuse, 1st nationa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Depression
Here’s why I’d recommend Psychological First Aid to any pastor or church leader interested in quickly building capacity to care for large numbers of hurting people during the pandemic. Continue reading
What can we do now to mitigate the mental health impact of steps being taken to control spread of the virus? Continue reading
The study found that the children most likely to be excluded from church are those with autism spectrum disorders and common mental health conditions – anxiety, depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder and ADHD. Continue reading
I speak about depression. I write books. But shame exists deep within. Part of the reason (outside of the battle of the mind) is because the stigma is alive in churches. “You are less spiritual than others,’ my illness whispers in my ear. “You can’t be a Christian and depressed,” I believe the enemy chimes in.
An argument can be made that it’s very important to get the entire family to church if any member of that family is affected by depression. So, what can the local church or individuals from the local church do to help mom (or dad) and the entire family? Continue reading
Is the stigma against treatment of mental illness generally, and treatment of ADHD specifically a contributing factor to the difference in rates of completed suicide among African-American children and other ethnic groups? Continue reading
Pain and grief were emotions created by God, you should not feel guilty for feeling them. Being depressed does not mean you no longer love Jesus or that Jesus no longer loves you. Continue reading
You may silently grieve the loss of aspirations you had for your child as well as your inability to share experiences with your child that you dreamed of doing together. Continue reading
The professional community, parents and families hold assumptions about the effectiveness of psychotropic medication, especially medication for depression, that are unrealistic based upon our understanding of the research literature. Continue reading
Couples fighting mental illness often ask us what they can/should do when one spouse is depressed. Continue reading