Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- At 12pm EDT. Register or see livestream on Facebook. Pastors overwhelmed with 2020 needs, can find it difficult to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 28 minutes ago
- Must read from @BarnaGroup: "The Church is pretty good at [handling] acute situations, even highly acute...if someo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- #Fear #trust #Jesus #Bible #specialneeds #mentalhealth #emotionalhealth #OnlinePastorsRetreat #Pastor #church… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- #internationalweekofthedeaf. Special needs minister: what are some things your team can do to ensure inclusion of s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- Hurry! The Online Pastors' Retreat price increases tomorrow! Register by midnight tonight for $39, tomorrow the pri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Making Room
I could list a handful of wonderful gifts that you give my children by providing a special needs ministry. Today, however, I’d like to share with you four wonderful gifts that you bless my wife Linda and I with by providing a special needs ministry to our children and by being a welcoming church: Continue reading
We’ve been fortunate to enjoy the benefits of Mike Woods’ wisdom and experience during his recent guest blog series for Autism Awareness Month. Mike’s truly a thought leader in the field of disability ministry, but a humble thought leader. When we first discussed his guest blog series, I’d asked him to put together a post with links to many of the excellent web-based resources he’s developed for church staff, volunteers and parents for serving kids with special needs. Mike seemed a little reluctant to blow his own horn, so I thought I’d share links to some resources Mike has developed that church staff and volunteers might find especially valuable in ministering to kids with autism spectrum disorders and their families…
Mike Woods from Making Room has launched specialneedsministry.org as a tool to help disseminate free resources from influential leaders in special needs ministry. Continue reading
I’m honored to have the opportunity to join Mike Woods from Making Room on his blog talk radio program today, Tuesday, May 17th at 10:00 AM EDT. We’ll be discussing the topic of Family-Focused Special Needs Ministry. Continue reading
I’d like to share three excellent ministry or educational resources with our friends who currently serve on staff or volunteer in churches with an interest in becoming better equipped to welcome and include kids with autism spectrum disorders and their families.
You are God’s gift to families who have a child with autism. God calls people just like you to Himself, and then blesses you with the purpose of becoming part of a community of Christ-followers focused on helping “the least of these” (Matt. 25:40). In Scripture God calls his people to live out the gospel pattern of welcome and generosity. “Therefore, “ Paul says, “welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God” (Ro.15:7). Continue reading
When I look for evidence that we’re engaged in a “God thing,” one of the strongest affirmations I see that we’re barking up the right tree is the way that God is moving through so many of His followers in different places, with different gifts and in different church traditions to minister to families of kids who have been impacted by disabilities, primarily “hidden disabilities.” Continue reading