Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
April 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- This Saturday! Register in regional location, or join virtual livestream. Featured panelists include @SandraPeoples… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- #mentalhealth #churchsupport #expectations #socialinteraction https://t.co/nJtbqEv3Nk 7 hours ago
- Want to change the world for Christ? Help us help churches minister to/with families living with disabilities of ev… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- 2 weeks ago, we shared part 1 of @CatherineSBoyle's interview with Chaplain Timothy Burdick of New Vision Ministrie… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- Want to change the world for Christ? Help us help churches minister to/with families living with disabilities of ev… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: technology
Several years ago I asked our County Board Superintendent what the #1 problem was facing the disability community. Without hesitation he said it is the problem of isolation. Isolation is a universal experience for those in the disability community. It … Continue reading
UPDATE: Nils Smith will be joining us at 1:00 PM Eastern and 9:00 PM Eastern for an interactive chat! Continue reading
Kids with disabilities, their siblings, and their families generally don’t experience the sense of being pursued. They’re not the first ones picked for teams on the playground. They’re not the kids who get invited to sleepovers or “play dates”. They’re not the recipients of the increasingly grandiose (and public) invitations to attend the prom. We’re going to help churches pursue them…and allow them to experience what it’s like to be pursued.
Scripture teaches that ALL of us who are part of the church have unique gifts and talents to contribute to God’s Kingdom…including those with disabilities and their families. Continue reading
The greatest obstacle we face in sharing the Gospel with kids with disabilities and their families rests in the challenges presented by the environments in which we worship and do much of what we refer to as “ministry.” Our newfound ability to connect with people anywhere, at any time provides us with a tool to bridge the barriers that currently exist at church for kids who process sensory information differently, evaluate risk differently and maintain self control differently than kids considered more “typical.” Continue reading
Leaders in the disability community are beginning to explore the use of available technologies to minster to more individuals and more families more effectively. Chris Nelson will be providing a primer in the use of technology in inclusion ministry in his upcoming presentation Technology and Special Needs Ministry. Continue reading