- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @amyjuliabecker: Receive my new free eBook, Missing Out on Beautiful - 7 Essays about Raising a Child with Down Syndrome: https://t.co/d… 3 hours ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: What if we were INTENTIONAL about making some blank space in our lives? ow.ly/idDd30g0qFD #disability #specialneeds… 17 hours ago
- "The older I get, the more I have to trust in God and rely on His grace and direction to carry me through."… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- 10 ways to be a safe church for sexual assault survivors buff.ly/2yzyCzR #metoo https://t.co/CzKWDsN1pV 23 hours ago
- Activity ideas specifically for teens/adults with disabilities (including those living in group homes).… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: young adults
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
Three point two percent. According to a study authored by a Baylor University professor, those are the odds of an adolescent who attends church less than once a month becoming a weekly church attender in young adulthood. Continue reading
What the statistics don’t tell us is WHY we’re seeing such a significant increase in the rates of suicide among children, teens and young adults, along with sizable increases in suicide rates among adults of middle age, especially women. What might be causing the increase? I’d like to put forth a few “educated guesses.”