Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- I took a deep breath and spoke calmly in spite of inner panic. “Okay, let’s talk about this”, I said, “What’s going… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- RT @JoniandFriends: It’s Pain Awareness Month, and if you know a person who struggles with a painful condition, ask for this weeks free rad… 9 hours ago
- RT @PartnersforGood: If you're feeling desperate, please reach out to a faith leader, a friend, or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). There IS hop… 9 hours ago
- Dr. G asked for personal stories about mental illness & church participation. If you work in ministry, unfamiliar w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- Follow link to register for this month's disability ministry Video Roundtable. Topic this month is supporting teens… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: young adults
Perhaps one of the reasons the church has struggled to effectively minister with many persons with autism spectrum disorders is that we don’t do a very good job of welcoming and including children and adults with mental health-related challenges common among persons with autism? Continue reading
Three point two percent. According to a study authored by a Baylor University professor, those are the odds of an adolescent who attends church less than once a month becoming a weekly church attender in young adulthood. Continue reading
What the statistics don’t tell us is WHY we’re seeing such a significant increase in the rates of suicide among children, teens and young adults, along with sizable increases in suicide rates among adults of middle age, especially women. What might be causing the increase? I’d like to put forth a few “educated guesses.”