Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
April 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- This Saturday! Register in regional location, or join virtual livestream. Featured panelists include @SandraPeoples… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- #mentalhealth #churchsupport #expectations #socialinteraction https://t.co/nJtbqEv3Nk 6 hours ago
- Want to change the world for Christ? Help us help churches minister to/with families living with disabilities of ev… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- 2 weeks ago, we shared part 1 of @CatherineSBoyle's interview with Chaplain Timothy Burdick of New Vision Ministrie… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- Want to change the world for Christ? Help us help churches minister to/with families living with disabilities of ev… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: developmental disabilities
Join us as we seek to extend the love of Christ to families everywhere for whom a child with a disability has too often been an insurmountable barrier to connecting with a local church. Continue reading
Why are the very overseers of the Church reluctant to bring the Gospel to all people, regardless of their disability? In truth, we are all disabled… some of us just hide our disabilities better than others. How do we keep missing an entire people group that is waiting to be heard, loved, accepted and embraced as they are? Continue reading
Because of the unique emphasis on relationship and the friendships built, our friends struggle to find a similar place for spiritual community or belonging outside of Capernaum. However, our older friends who met Jesus in high school and have been coming for many years need more. They need age appropriate community, friendships, dignity and need to be challenged to the next step in their walk with Christ as a part of the body of Christ. The challenge is finding churches that are prepared to welcome our friends and offer more than a simple program to them-relationships and a place in the life of the church. Continue reading
Today’s blog post is authored by Mike Woods, Church Consultant with Key Ministry. One of the potential issues with starting special-needs ministry outreach is that the scope of the disability-related problems in your community can seem so big that it … Continue reading
We’re putting together our training offerings for the coming year, and want to know how we can be most helpful to your church’s staff and volunteers as you serve families impacted by disabilities.
I would hope and pray God would see fit to use the Colson’s experience to open the eyes and hearts of many in our culture to the needs of families impacted by autism and other disabilities. I’m sure Emily and Max would be honored if everyone who hears of their story would demonstrate Christ’s love to someone experiencing the effects of disability at their next opportunity. Continue reading
Knowledge and experience compliment calling and giftedness. Continue reading
What need has God uniquely called and positioned us to do that other ministry organizations haven’t been able to address? Continue reading
So…what are some things we might suggest to parents of kids with disabilities seeking to protect their children from becoming victimized…or seeking to help their children after traumatic experiences have occurred? Continue reading