Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- What are the stats on disability and church?
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
- Leading a spiritually disciplined life as a person with ADHD...
- Please don’t say “all kids do that” to adoptive and foster families...
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
April 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Register in ! of our regional locations, or join us for virtual livestream on Saturday April 17. Featured panelists… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We hope you have a time of rest and refreshing in our Lord this weekend! #restday #sabbathday #genesis https://t.co/QGjewP0E47 1 day ago
- Looking for one of our posts or webinars from the past year? A quick way to search is to visit our page with COVID-… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- April is #CounselingAwarenessMonth, and April 9 is Teal Day, created by the @CounselingViews to build strong suppor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Eight more days! Register in 1 of our regional locations, or join us for virtual livestream on Saturday April 17. P… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: abuse
The book mixes the personal and the theological, serving as both a wife’s narrative of enduring domestic abuse by a pastor husband and a theology professor’s analysis of the biblical, theological, historical, and contemporary issues surrounding abuse in the church. Continue reading
Children of depressed parents have a higher risk of developing PTSD. Continue reading
Symptoms of childhood PTSD change as children mature. Behavioral clues and symptoms in a 2-year-old will be different from those of an 8-year-old, and the 8-year-old’s symptoms may be markedly different from those of an 17-year-old. Continue reading
So…what are some things we might suggest to parents of kids with disabilities seeking to protect their children from becoming victimized…or seeking to help their children after traumatic experiences have occurred? Continue reading
Here are some of the reasons why it’s so difficult to get a good handle on the extent to which a child has been impacted by trauma… Continue reading
In the video, she shares some of her experiences dealing with the emotional struggles of adopted and foster children as they adjust to the reality of becoming part of a new family. She did a great job of describing how the adverse childhood experiences of kids available for adoption and foster care contribute to difficulties “doing church” and shares helpful strategies for church staff and volunteers who interact with them at church. Continue reading
The potential effects of trauma and abuse on the developing brain and nervous system are powerful and incredibly complex. Continue reading
I have sat beside and talked with people who have been abused in institutions. I have looked in the eyes of people who have been neglected by group home staff. These statistics and news stories are not just happening in other places around the world or even in third world countries, they are happening right around me. Somehow I knew that this was unacceptable. But what really could the church do about this? Continue reading