Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Christians, are we being wise with the words orphan and fatherless?
- The evangelical understanding of mental illness...How Freud, Skinner, Rogers and Ellis led to Jay Adams
- What are the stats on disability and church?
- A new mental health resource for churches from an unlikely place
- Why families think online church is indispensable for disability ministry
- Race, reconciliation, disability and the church
- The pandemic as an unexpected blessing to the disability community
- Coronavirus, church and the “least restrictive environment”
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
July 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Wednesday July 8: @AllBelongOrg shares info about dementia. Practical ideas for #emotional / #spiritualsupport for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- July is #MinorityMentalHealthAwarenessMonth, and @afspnational is working to support the unique needs and range of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- We hope you and your family have a safe, enjoyable holiday. #July4th #US #America #independenceday2020 #ministry… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Phillip Roundtree shares about his depression, anxiety and traumatic experiences in this compelling presentation.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- #Psalms #glory #God #Jesus #Bible #pastor #ministry #specialneeds #mentalhealth #emotionalhealth #outdoors #outside… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Inclusion Fusion 2012
Here’s a current list of speakers committed to joining us for Inclusion Fusion 2012! Continue reading
Finally, help us “grow the movement.” Invite at least one person today to join the conference who might have a heart for helping the church welcome more kids with disabilities and their families. Continue reading
The Inclusion Fusion 2012 Special Needs Ministry Web Summit magazine is now available for download here. The magazine is 51 pages long, and contains schedules for live chat sessions and Tweetchats, instructions for participating in interactive sessions, biographies of all of our faculty, and in-depth interviews with Mike Beates, Ben Conner, Barb Dittrich, Bryan Roe, Rhett Smith and Mike Woods. The magazine contains contact information for all of our speakers and is a useful resource for connecting with others in the disability ministry community. Continue reading
Discovering our calling requires that we listen to God’s voice, receive feedback from others, and take note of the patterns in our lives. For Amy, her calling is to care for church leaders who lead children in the church. She’s continually heard God’s voice on this, even on the days she most doubts herself and feels tempted to pursue a new career path. God doesn’t let this her calling go, ever, instead asking her to accept opportunities to live this out. Continue reading
Sometimes it takes the mirror of reality for us to stop and change our course. That comment did just that for me. I became keenly aware of the fact that she needed to be a kid. I know I didn’t expect her to “take over” my job of caring for our son with special needs, but I was happy for her help, and at that moment I could see I’d lost the ability to see that I was asking too much. Continue reading
Matt’s presentation is designed for anyone interested in learning more about mental illness from a Biblical perspective. Topics covered in this workshop will include:
What is a Biblical and clinical understanding/response to mental illness?
How to recognize mental illness.
The essential role of the church in the recovery and treatment process.
How to respond to families dealing with mental illness.
How to create mental health related supportive care within the church.
Resources to help families navigate the health care system and everyday life.
The journal was created because I needed to find God in all of this pain and suffering. I have always been a Christian, always went to church, always loved God but when this kind of deep emotional suffering began happening in my life, my view changed and I began to question God. Does He really love me? Will this pain ever end? Why did He give me a “broken” child? Continue reading
God has used anxiety from the beginning as a way to bring people closer to him, and he is wanting us to help others embrace their anxiety in order to transform their lives. If you are wanting to see your anxiety in a new light, or you are wanting to help others feel included in church community, despite their anxiety…then I hope you will join me. Continue reading
I’m pleased to announce that registration for this year’s Special Needs Ministry Web Summit is officially open.
Why? Why is it so important that churches become more intentional about welcoming and serving children and adults with disabilities? That’s our theme for Inclusion Fusion 2012…Key Ministry’s Second Annual Disability Ministry Web Summit. Continue reading