Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Why are children’s hospital ERs becoming flooded with suicidal kids?
- Key Ministry’s video training series on Mental Health and the Church
- Join Kelly Rosati, Amy Simpson, Kay Warren and myself for a Twitter chat on youth mental health
- Why Jess Cummings came to Inclusion Fusion Live
- Why church is difficult for persons on the high end of the autism spectrum
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @SandraPeoples: Here are six sensory toys we’ve gotten to make this summer more fun for our son with autism! sandrapeoples.com/sensory-toys-t… htt… 3 hours ago
- RT @Mark_J_Arnold: This week my blog looks at whether additional/special needs families are more likely to break apart, some triggers, and… 3 hours ago
- RT @jolenephilo: #IEP meetings are emotionally draining. These 5 strategies can help parents cope. differentdream.com/2017/05/emotio… #DifferentDream… 3 hours ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: If he ever got away from us and people were searching for him, he wouldn’t know how to respond to them. So we taught him… 3 hours ago
- Longing for Heaven, Where There Will Be No More Tears keyministry.org/specialneedspa… 5 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Rick Warren
Does God have a place for you in his movement to transform the way the church loves persons touched by mental illness? Has he positioned you to be an agent of change in your church? Is he calling you to serve people in your community hurting as a result of mental illness? Has he positioned you to come alongside someone with mental illness to help them to overcome challenges that make it hard for them to be part of a worship service, small group or Bible study? Continue reading
When the leader of your church talks about mental illness from the pulpit or the stage during weekend worship services, they communicate to the body that people with mental illness are valued and grant permission for members and attendees to talk with others in the church about their experiences.
The Gathering will be streamed live by the folks from Saddleback so that church leaders, advocates and family members everywhere can participate. Continue reading
Given what we know about the lethality of mental illness in teens and young adults, it is absolutely essential for the church to make every possible effort to introduce those at risk to Jesus Christ and invite them to be part of a family of faith. Continue reading
This is some of the best teaching I’ve ever heard explaining mental illness from a Christian perspective. The video is definitely worth a look Continue reading
Growing up in a loving family of great faith or coming to a personal faith in Jesus Christ is no guarantee of being spared of the pain and suffering of mental illness while living in a fallen world. Continue reading