Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Are some lives more valuable than others? Seniors, the disabled and the terminally ill
- Flattening the curve of the COVID-19 mental health epidemic to come
- 99% of Protestant pastors – churches are welcoming to persons with disabilities
- Seven ways to support kids with anxiety about the coronavirus
- Disability ministry and the coronavirus
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
April 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- We all feel stress from #COVID19. Our friends at @mhgracealliance have selected 3 topics from #Thrive workbook to h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT @edstetzer: We just received some important additional information about the CARES Act related to churches. The Department of Treasury… 2 hours ago
- RT @jolenephilo: My grandson turned 5 yesterday, and many of us can identify with the #fear he battled 2 years ago. Truly, we need not fear… 3 hours ago
- There's still time! But hurry. #Register for today's #webinar w/ @DocHunsley & @drgrcevich on helping #specialneeds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- #Ministry leader: more than ever, you need to balance caring for others and caring for yourself, so you can meet mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Lifeway Research
The claims made by pastors in this study are VERY inconsistent with the experiences of our Key Ministry team and other like-minded ministries Continue reading
A psychiatrist looks at how the church can better support pastors who wrestle with suicidal thoughts. Continue reading
Churches provide services and support to a large segment of the population who would otherwise increase demands on the mental health system. At the same time, mental health professionals and leaders have an interest in seeing that the care provided by churches is of high quality and meets the needs of those being served. Continue reading
What steps would I take as a parent if I want to increase the likelihood that my kids are going to grow up to be mature Christians, actively engaged in a local church and using their gifts and talents in serving others? Continue reading
In examining and interpreting the study for our readers, I thought it would be most helpful going forward to put on my “old hat” as a reviewer and offer insight into how the folks who sit where I sat might think about the Focus/Lifeway study…
Here’s my most significant criticism of this survey…they didn’t ask the right questions! Continue reading
Sadly, I can’t help but conclude that in our desire as church to avoid the influence of anti-Biblical worldviews foundational to some treatment orientations employed in the mental health community and worldviews held by the vast preponderance of mental health practitioners…we’ve forgotten to love the people experiencing mental illness and contributed to needless suffering by millions of Christ followers and their families.
We likely have a minimum of 25 million adults with mental illness who don’t attend church. If the majority of those 25 million adults believe they won’t be welcomed at church, WE HAVE A REALLY BIG PROBLEM.