Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Join 24,284 other subscribers
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
January 2023 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- "While disability has historically been considered to be a weakness or a deficiency of some sort, it doesn’t have t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Dr. Steve Grcevich and Catherine Boyle are speaking at the Voices of Hope Conference in February! Register now:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- The Holocaust included the mass killing of people with disabilities. All people - living with disabilities or not -… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Romans 12:15 #mentalhealthministry #Inclusion #belonging… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- When the Pastor Has a Mental Health Need: What to Share, What Not to Share. Watch it here: loom.ly/QYuyaH8… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Lifeway Research
The claims made by pastors in this study are VERY inconsistent with the experiences of our Key Ministry team and other like-minded ministries Continue reading
A psychiatrist looks at how the church can better support pastors who wrestle with suicidal thoughts. Continue reading
Churches provide services and support to a large segment of the population who would otherwise increase demands on the mental health system. At the same time, mental health professionals and leaders have an interest in seeing that the care provided by churches is of high quality and meets the needs of those being served. Continue reading
What steps would I take as a parent if I want to increase the likelihood that my kids are going to grow up to be mature Christians, actively engaged in a local church and using their gifts and talents in serving others? Continue reading
In examining and interpreting the study for our readers, I thought it would be most helpful going forward to put on my “old hat” as a reviewer and offer insight into how the folks who sit where I sat might think about the Focus/Lifeway study…
Here’s my most significant criticism of this survey…they didn’t ask the right questions! Continue reading
Sadly, I can’t help but conclude that in our desire as church to avoid the influence of anti-Biblical worldviews foundational to some treatment orientations employed in the mental health community and worldviews held by the vast preponderance of mental health practitioners…we’ve forgotten to love the people experiencing mental illness and contributed to needless suffering by millions of Christ followers and their families.
We likely have a minimum of 25 million adults with mental illness who don’t attend church. If the majority of those 25 million adults believe they won’t be welcomed at church, WE HAVE A REALLY BIG PROBLEM.