Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- What are the stats on adoption, trauma and disability?
- Why your kid's Concerta isn't working as it should... Chapter Two
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- Christians, are we being wise with the words orphan and fatherless?
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- With #MentalHealthAwarenessMonth wrapping up in a few days, we encourage #pastors and #ministry leaders to watch th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- RT @CatherineSBoyle: I'm very honored to be the guest blogger on @ERLC today, and hope you'll read the article. buff.ly/2TM4kFQ #me… 8 hours ago
- Ministry leaders, we are continuing our Monday Idea Share discussions on select Mondays at noon EDT through the sum… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- We had a great conversation with Skip McDonald from @intervarsityusa yesterday. If you couldn't join us live, here'… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- As nation’s #mentalhealth has suffered under weight of #COVID19, important to remember #pastors & #ministry leaders… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: prayer
“The faith formula for healing…if you have enough faith, you’ll be healed…is absolutely wrong.” Continue reading
Prayer for healing often needs to be repeated and sustained over an extended period of time. Continue reading
What steps would I take as a parent if I want to increase the likelihood that my kids are going to grow up to be mature Christians, actively engaged in a local church and using their gifts and talents in serving others? Continue reading
We’re convinced that online ministry offers the potential for contributing to an effective mental health ministry strategy where very few strategies exist. Here’s why… Continue reading
If God wanted cookie-cutter Christians, that’s what He would have made. We have a palette of spiritual disciplines because we won’t all grow closer to God in exactly the same way. Continue reading
We likely have a minimum of 25 million adults with mental illness who don’t attend church. If the majority of those 25 million adults believe they won’t be welcomed at church, WE HAVE A REALLY BIG PROBLEM.
I’d ask you pray for God to give our Board wisdom and discernment in determining the best stewardship of the time and talents of our people, and for God to be at work in strengthening and protecting our relationships with one another and our relationships with like-minded leaders outside of our team Continue reading
Rhett Smith, author of the new book, The Anxious Christian: Can God Use Your Anxiety for Good?, begins his guest interview by discussing strategies and approaches with people who experience anxiety and attribute their symptoms to a lack of faith or a failure to practice their faith with diligence. Continue reading
The most obvious take-home points from the study seemed to be that families in which someone was struggling with a mental illness were very desirous of support from their local churches, but members not exposed to mental health issues were basically oblivious to their needs and the presence of mental illness appears to be an impediment to church attendance and regular prayer. Continue reading