Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Depression in Children and Teens...A Primer for Pastors, Church Staff and Christian Parents
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- What are the stats on disability and church?
- Special Education and Christian Schools
- Leading a spiritually disciplined life as a person with ADHD...
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
June 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- If your Dad has a heart for the kind of work we do, you can celebrate him with a tribute donation: in his honor, or… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- A church for every child and a mug for every dad? Definitely! Order yours today to show Dad some Father's Day love.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Some ppl w/ limited speech may use #AAC (augmentative & alternative communication) speech-generating devices. For 7… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- We'll have video from today's roundtable discussion on our Youtube/Vimeo channels tomorrow. Next week: join us Wedn… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- #praiseGod #sing #disabilityinclusion #gratitude #HeavenlyFather #FathersDay https://t.co/fmfUvT520G 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Focus on the Family
The evangelicals I know care about the people and causes that Jesus cared about during his earthly ministry. They may not necessarily fit the narrative that many in the media would like to propagate about our community. I can’t help but think that evangelicals would have a very different image in our larger culture if more people had the opportunity to get to know some of the folks I was surrounded by during the last three days. Continue reading
Our team at Key Ministry is very honored, along with five outstanding ministries…Back2Back Ministries, Bethany Christian Services, Christian Alliance for Orphans, Focus on the Family and Tapestry…to have been invited to contribute to a comprehensive array of online resources available through iDisciple – a “life theme” for adoptive and foster families. Continue reading
The church is the embassy of the Kingdom of Christ, and the Kingdom is where the unborn are prayed over, where the widows are visited, where the orphan is adopted, and where the disabled and the “unwanted” are made heirs with Christ of the universe. Continue reading
It’s a worldwide heart issue! No parent should feel like their only option is to discard a child, and no child should be treated as anything less than deeply valuable. Continue reading
Parents of kids with mental health conditions are especially prone to be stigmatized at church because of the lingering belief among many in the Christian community that mental illness is a byproduct of sin, kids who struggle with managing emotions and maintaining self-control are the product of parents who are ineffective or indifferent and much of the mental health profession can’t be trusted. Continue reading
In examining and interpreting the study for our readers, I thought it would be most helpful going forward to put on my “old hat” as a reviewer and offer insight into how the folks who sit where I sat might think about the Focus/Lifeway study…
Melissa Edge shares an incredible story of how God was unmistakably at work through her suffering in the aftermath of losing her husband. What do we do with our lives In the Meantime as we’re experiencing grief.
Here’s my most significant criticism of this survey…they didn’t ask the right questions! Continue reading
We’re pleased to share that our friends and colleagues Cindi and Joe Ferrini will be featured this coming Thursday (May 31) and Friday (June 1) as guests of Jim Daly and John Fuller on the Focus on the Family radio broadcast. Cindi and Joe will be speaking on the topic Unexpected Journey-When Special Needs Change Our Course. Continue reading