- Ten truths for parents of kids with autism...Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- Five strategies for maintaining hope if you're struggling with depression
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- The suicide epidemic among high-functioning persons with autism
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @SandraPeoples: It's the very last call to join us! The schedule goes out tomorrow and we kick off on Monday! eepurl.com/cLsBnr ht… 7 hours ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: We're looking for YOUR blog post links! comfortinthemidstofchaos.com/2017/04/snappi… #sped #iep #spnmin #chronicillness #inclusion #momlife #da… 18 hours ago
- RT @3Boys4Me: Newest post on Key Ministry on the newest character on Sesame Street, Julia. fb.me/8v5QFjclm 1 day ago
- RT @SandraPeoples: What Special-Needs Families Wish Their Pastors Knew keyministry.org/church4everych… 1 day ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Life may feel like it's coming apart, but there's Someone there to hold you together. ow.ly/FMuB30bg0yX via @revcep 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: Focus on the Family
Our team at Key Ministry is very honored, along with five outstanding ministries…Back2Back Ministries, Bethany Christian Services, Christian Alliance for Orphans, Focus on the Family and Tapestry…to have been invited to contribute to a comprehensive array of online resources available through iDisciple – a “life theme” for adoptive and foster families. Continue reading
The church is the embassy of the Kingdom of Christ, and the Kingdom is where the unborn are prayed over, where the widows are visited, where the orphan is adopted, and where the disabled and the “unwanted” are made heirs with Christ of the universe. Continue reading
It’s a worldwide heart issue! No parent should feel like their only option is to discard a child, and no child should be treated as anything less than deeply valuable. Continue reading
Parents of kids with mental health conditions are especially prone to be stigmatized at church because of the lingering belief among many in the Christian community that mental illness is a byproduct of sin, kids who struggle with managing emotions and maintaining self-control are the product of parents who are ineffective or indifferent and much of the mental health profession can’t be trusted. Continue reading
In examining and interpreting the study for our readers, I thought it would be most helpful going forward to put on my “old hat” as a reviewer and offer insight into how the folks who sit where I sat might think about the Focus/Lifeway study…
Melissa Edge shares an incredible story of how God was unmistakably at work through her suffering in the aftermath of losing her husband. What do we do with our lives In the Meantime as we’re experiencing grief.
Here’s my most significant criticism of this survey…they didn’t ask the right questions! Continue reading
We’re pleased to share that our friends and colleagues Cindi and Joe Ferrini will be featured this coming Thursday (May 31) and Friday (June 1) as guests of Jim Daly and John Fuller on the Focus on the Family radio broadcast. Cindi and Joe will be speaking on the topic Unexpected Journey-When Special Needs Change Our Course. Continue reading