Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- What are the stats on disability and church?
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- The evangelical understanding of mental illness...How Freud, Skinner, Rogers and Ellis led to Jay Adams
- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- Five reasons churches shouldn’t have vaccine policies
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
December 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @CatherineSBoyle: Such a great building/museum & location for @autismspeaks #conference. #autism #specialneeds #disability #IFL2020 @Key… 4 hours ago
- #mentalhealth #friendship #gospel #anxiety #depression #specialneeds #IFL2020 @drgrcevich https://t.co/orTT40Ugif 6 hours ago
- Looking to invest your financial resources to advance the cause of #mentalhealth & #disability #ministry? Partner w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- We welcome #ministry leaders & #mentalhealth professionals to join our #group for mental health ministry leaders. G… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- We now recognize alternative, #nonverbal ways in which we can #communicate. Most churches, however, still rely heav… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: sensory processing disorder
We’ll look at three common struggles the kids with mental illness experience over Christmas break and offer ideas parents might try to minimize the impact of the holidays upon their children. Continue reading
Ministry environments that some kids find engaging may be experienced as noxious by children with heightened reactivity to sensory stimulation. Let’s consider the range of potential situations that would present challenges to families of kids with sensory processing difficulties. Continue reading
Kids with common mental health conditions react to the holidays very differently than do adults. Today, we’ll look at three struggles common during Christmas break among the kids and families we serve, and suggest practical strategies for parents to minimize the impact of the holidays upon their children. Continue reading
This past Tuesday, we reviewed the diagnostic criteria for Asperger’s Disorder and emphasized the notion that the unique pattern of strengths and weaknesses seen in kids with the disorder complicates efforts to serve them programmatically. We’ll continue our discussion today by examining three additional characteristics of many kids with Asperger’s that often complicate their ability to participate in activities at church.