Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @theWellComm: "When we are talk about mental health issues, it is easy to see a person’s deficiencies. ... But when we focus on those de… 8 hours ago
- RT @MyQuietCave: 'Whether or not mental illness and high functioning autism are officially considered “special needs” and therefore eligibl… 1 day ago
- Fall is right around the corner. Enjoy and relax this next to last weekend of summer! #summer #fall #relax #weekend https://t.co/K09pV4ekLL 2 days ago
- Your #story matters. #Revelation 12:11: blood #Christ shed for us on cross + what God does in our lives = tremendo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- It’s $5 Friday! We’re asking our friends and followers to donate $5 to help us equip churches to welcome families w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: anxiety disorders
three practical strategies will help many kids with common mental health conditions and their families to better experience the peace and joy associated with the Christmas season! Continue reading
I’d be delighted if you could join me and several excellent speakers in Louisville, KY on Saturday, November 7 as the Kentucky United Methodist Church Conference on Children’s and Family Ministry sponsors An Inclusive Children’s Ministry, a free, one day conference for children’s leaders and parents to learn how to make ministry to children inclusive of all children.
Charleston isn’t about a mental health problem…it’s about an problem with evil. Evil may have won the battle on Wednesday but the Bible is very clear that evil will not win the war. Continue reading
Could we argue that medication (or other treatment) that enhances our ability to avoid sin or to do good might be a useful tool for the individual Christian? Further, could we argue that the decision to take medication under such circumstances is God-honoring? Continue reading
The depths still loom. They threaten. They seduce. They fight back, grasping at your feet. But your fight, the teaspoons you have gathered into your body, says, “I cannot let you take me. I cannot.” No explanation, just blind trust and hope that your fight and your faith will lead you to better waters. Continue reading
We’ll talk about the functional impairments associated with ADHD, anxiety disorders and Asperger’s Disorder in children and teens, and share practical ideas for addressing the challenges each condition poses to “doing church” for the affected kids and their families. Continue reading