Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- A new mental health resource for churches from an unlikely place
- Why families think online church is indispensable for disability ministry
- Race, reconciliation, disability and the church
- The pandemic as an unexpected blessing to the disability community
- Coronavirus, church and the “least restrictive environment”
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
July 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- We hope you and your family have a safe, enjoyable holiday. #July4th #US #America #independenceday2020 #ministry… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Phillip Roundtree shares about his depression, anxiety and traumatic experiences in this compelling presentation.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- #Psalms #glory #God #Jesus #Bible #pastor #ministry #specialneeds #mentalhealth #emotionalhealth #outdoors #outside… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- July is #BereavedParents month. If you / someone you love has lost a child of any age, there is help and #support.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @drgrcevich: Did this Black life matter? A hospital in Austin TX decided not to treat this man for COVID-19 because he had quadriplegia… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: anxiety disorders
three practical strategies will help many kids with common mental health conditions and their families to better experience the peace and joy associated with the Christmas season! Continue reading
I’d be delighted if you could join me and several excellent speakers in Louisville, KY on Saturday, November 7 as the Kentucky United Methodist Church Conference on Children’s and Family Ministry sponsors An Inclusive Children’s Ministry, a free, one day conference for children’s leaders and parents to learn how to make ministry to children inclusive of all children.
Charleston isn’t about a mental health problem…it’s about an problem with evil. Evil may have won the battle on Wednesday but the Bible is very clear that evil will not win the war. Continue reading
Could we argue that medication (or other treatment) that enhances our ability to avoid sin or to do good might be a useful tool for the individual Christian? Further, could we argue that the decision to take medication under such circumstances is God-honoring? Continue reading
The depths still loom. They threaten. They seduce. They fight back, grasping at your feet. But your fight, the teaspoons you have gathered into your body, says, “I cannot let you take me. I cannot.” No explanation, just blind trust and hope that your fight and your faith will lead you to better waters. Continue reading
We’ll talk about the functional impairments associated with ADHD, anxiety disorders and Asperger’s Disorder in children and teens, and share practical ideas for addressing the challenges each condition poses to “doing church” for the affected kids and their families. Continue reading