Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- On this day, national #RandomActOfKindnessDay, we're reminded that #Jesus encouraged small actions done in #love. I… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- #advocacy #specialneeds #mentalhealth #church #ministry #disability #independent #IFL2020 https://t.co/8O3p2K8Zzr 8 hours ago
- Only 2 months until Illuminate: Inclusion Fusion Live 2020. #Subscribe to weekly #blog digest or monthly KeyNotes f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- Emerging from the silos…Disability ministry as a mindset, not a program church4everychild.org/2020/02/17/eme… https://t.co/gSStagEwjE 12 hours ago
- Looking for a book this #Valentine's Day that's a real-life story of love? Every one of the books we recommend is j… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Monthly Archives: January 2016
Is it wrong when we choose to withhold Jesus from the people whose paths we cross? Continue reading
When meeting a mom whose son had just been diagnosed with autism, Sandra realized her life was this woman’s worst case scenario. Continue reading
I have seen more special-needs dads destroyed by their inability to let go of anger than perhaps anything else. Continue reading
Barb shares personal phases of study and comprehension to raising our children with challenges. Are you a Dr. Mom? Continue reading
God has created and equipped you to become the warrior, protector, provide, encourager, and equipper for your children and your family too. Continue reading
My daughter, when she was thirteen was hit by a car and fortunately was fine, except for a very bad broken leg. The church organized a brigade of casserole makers, the neighbors brought casseroles, friends, families, everybody. Six months before that, Christina had spent two months on a psychiatric ward, and we had no casseroles. And I’m not blaming the church or the neighbors or anything…because of the stigma, we didn’t tell people. Continue reading
But around the book grew a tribe. A community who loves and supports each other. Who teaches and encourages. Who rejoices and mourns. My community. My ministry. Continue reading
“What’s your New Year’s Resolution?” It’s that time again. Everyone is asking. Some of us ignore them. Some of us have different ones every year. And some of us, who shall remain nameless, have the same one lose weight year after year. In the … Continue reading
But there is another type of vacant dad. And he is just as dangerous and as likely to occur. That’s the dad who is still in the household, but he is not engaged, he’s not involved, and he’s not actively fulfilling his roles and responsibilities to his family. He’s a vacant dad too. And he’s just as guilty as the dad who walks out on his family. He’s walked out as well, in every way but physically.
Unfortunately, child abuse and neglect isn’t rare, even if we wish it were. This matters. Continue reading