Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- #Bible #JesusisLord #singing #wisdom #thanksgiving #specialneeds #mentalhealth #emotionalhealth #church #pastor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- A 6,400-member congregation in North Carolina created a “wellness director” position after experiencing six suicide… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- December can be hectic, so if you haven't registered for our monthly Idea Share discussions, here's the signup link… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We're not doing a 'big splash' today, #CyberMonday or #GivingTuesday Too many serious needs this year. If you are a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- #Thanksgiving2020 #thankful #grateful #gratitude #church #family #specialneeds #mentalhealth #emotionalhealth… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Tag Archives: respite care
Recently, our church was the first host site for a Guinness World Record attempt for creating the world’s largest fingerprint painting aimed at raising awareness for playgrounds that are accessible for everyone, including those with disabilities.
Through providing respite care, churches can step in the gap to meet an immediate need for parents of kids with mental illness while providing an opportunity for members and attendees to serve others in a practical way and connect with families who likely lack a meaningful connection with a local church. Continue reading
There’s a friendly place with good teaching in a cool neighborhood offering a great experience for families impacted by disability with free respite care in the middle of a city with millions of people and they still have space? I don’t get it.
Our team has felt led to pursue four specific ministry initiatives in the coming year…I’ll introduce the four initiatives today. Continue reading
In Marie’s presentation from Inclusion Fusion 2012, she shares creative ways that churches…and the most fearful, inexperienced volunteer in the church-can serve kids with special needs and their families using fun, meaningful outreach opportunities. Continue reading
Harmony will be speaking on the topic So, there’s this kid… She’ll be teaching on common disabilities, common misperceptions about those disabilities and provide practical tips for engaging kids with disabilities in your church. Continue reading
The vision of Ability Tree is big. It’s my life mission, and will take at least a lifetime to see fulfilled. We have already seen glimpses of the vision God placed in our hearts. Listen to what one of our volunteer families wrote recently… Continue reading
I’ll jump right in to my viewing recommendations for today, with an emphasis on developing relationships with families of kids with disabilities who aren’t currently a part of our churches… Continue reading
We hope to bring leaders together from across the church…senior pastors, children’s pastors, church staff members, disability ministry professionals, volunteers, parents and caregivers to brainstorm ways of welcoming and including including more kids with disabilities and their families into our local churches. Continue reading