Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- It's back to school season...#2 since pandemic began. Here's replay of our conversation w/ Teresa Reynolds from Lon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- August is eye health and safety month. With so much instruction provided using screens, @PreventBlindness shared th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- What can your church do to "change the mental health light bulb?" To educate and equip your leaders and congregants… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- Want to include mental health needs in your ministry support, but not sure where to begin? Our 'Get Started' page w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- #change #changeme #Godisfaithful https://t.co/GtdKwAhePc 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Monthly Archives: September 2013
We need a new paradigm to reach those families OUTSIDE the church whose lives are shaped by the special needs of their child. We must find ways to BUILD relationships, enter each other’s realities and BRING them into some expression of Christian community – inviting them to BELONG so that they might come to BELIEVE. Continue reading
Matt’s presentation will help equip you and your church to effectively minister and support those living with mental illness. Continue reading
The National Survey of Children’s Exposure to Violence was a Federally-funded survey of 4,549 children between the ages of 0-17, conducted during 2008. Here are some of the key findings…
Today, we’ll take a look at risk factors for PTSD in kids following a potentially traumatic event… Continue reading
My challenge to my fellow Christians is this: Reach out and reconnect with our missing parts. Help them find that place where they honor God by functioning as they were made. Recognize that, if they don’t seem to fit, you may be the part needing adjustment. Continue reading
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a mental disorder most commonly associated with combat veterans that also affects children with special needs. Jolene will discuss six common myths and misconceptions about PTSD in children. Continue reading
We likely have a minimum of 25 million adults with mental illness who don’t attend church. If the majority of those 25 million adults believe they won’t be welcomed at church, WE HAVE A REALLY BIG PROBLEM.
As we launch into a series on trauma, a good place to start might be to define what exactly constitutes trauma? Continue reading
What I’ve learned through parenting kids with Down syndrome, what I think I probably knew cerebrally as a believer but now relay on concretely, is my daily need for God. There’s just no way I can parent without him. Continue reading
We’ll start our series with a video from a well-known author…and our guest blogger for this weekend-Gillian Marchenko. Gillian spoke on the topic Loss and Grief in Parenting Children with Special Needs for Inclusion Fusion 2012. Continue reading