Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- @PartnersforGood offer a series of webinars on #mentalhealth. Topic for June 27 is #eatingdisorders. Discussion wil… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- We offer several blog series on kids & teens w/ common mental health conditions, & how each condition impacts spiri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- June is National Congenital Cytomegalovirus Awareness Month. CMV is common, serious - but preventable! Here's an in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- RT @jolenephilo: June is #PTSDAwarenessMonth, and these 5 reasons to blog about it still ring true. #DifferentDream #specialneeds #disabili… 13 hours ago
- RT @aspecialhopepod: Continuing #FathersDay wknd, here is our 2nd featured dad, @haguejason. Jason and I talk about his book, Aching Joy,… 13 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Category Archives: Resources
Because acronyms help facts stick in our head, I’ve created one here: COPE. Teens – or kids or adults – cut for Control, as an Obsessive Behavior, as Punishment, or as an Emotional release. Continue reading
Dr. Karen Crum…10 Ways to Make Bible Camp Successful for Children with Autism and Related Challenges
Here are ten ideas for staff wanting to help children with autism succeed at a camp for typical kids. Continue reading
We’re honored that 64 churches in 24 states with identified disability ministries have chosen to partner with us to launch Key for Families by registering with our church network and expressing a willingness to welcome families in need of a church who access our online platforms. Continue reading
Our team at Key Ministry is very honored, along with five outstanding ministries…Back2Back Ministries, Bethany Christian Services, Christian Alliance for Orphans, Focus on the Family and Tapestry…to have been invited to contribute to a comprehensive array of online resources available through iDisciple – a “life theme” for adoptive and foster families. Continue reading
We know that most kids with gender non-conformity become comfortable with their biological sex as they progress through childhood. For those who continue to experience significant gender discordance as adolescents, far too many will have experienced trauma, mental illness, social isolation, self-injury and suicidal thoughts.
Don’t judge or assume that if your friend can’t ‘pull her life together’ then she just isn’t trying hard enough. Depression isn’t laziness or a lack of faith. It is a disease that requires treatment and care. Continue reading
We’re sharing this post to begin calling attention to the challenges many families experience finding the right help for their child when their child experiences a mental health crisis. Continue reading
The film’s producers are partnering with Key Ministry and other mental health organizations to help bring awareness to these issues and to help lead individuals struggling with mental illness and trauma, along with their loved ones, to the resources and assistance they need to lead as full and healthy a life as possible. Continue reading
On the occasion of our thousandth post, I’ll share the seven most important takeaways I’ve gained since starting this journey with you in the summer of 2010. Continue reading
God never meant for us to do everything on our own. We’re created for community, and finding yours is worth the risk of being brave with your stories. Continue reading