Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book and fine booksellers everywhere
- Are some lives more valuable than others? Seniors, the disabled and the terminally ill
- Flattening the curve of the COVID-19 mental health epidemic to come
- 99% of Protestant pastors – churches are welcoming to persons with disabilities
- Seven ways to support kids with anxiety about the coronavirus
- Disability ministry and the coronavirus
Thanks to Ministry-To-Children!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- RT @LisaMJamieson: I’m very concerned about the guides and systems being used to determine how scarce healthcare resources are allocated. I… 17 hours ago
- Are some lives more valuable than others? Seniors, the disabled and the terminally ill church4everychild.org/2020/03/29/are… https://t.co/AZzuL8h3og 19 hours ago
- Yesterday, @BethGolik and @CatherineSBoyle talked w/ John Felageller about important tips for handling #quarantine… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @LisaMJamieson: Stay connected with the latest ministry resources for disability ministry during #pandemic #COVID19 @KeyMinistry https:… 1 day ago
- Here's a comforting #prayer & #devotion guide from @SoulShepherding in this time of #coronavirus: story of #Jesus &… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Monthly Archives: May 2015
If a mom, dad, or teen in your church feels like their family is falling apart because of a dark secret, will your words on this topic invite them to trust you or to stay silent? Will what you say or post on social media tell them you will love them in the midst of their messiness? Continue reading
As you face difficult situations in parenting your child with social, emotional or behavioral challenges or disabilities, remember that none of this is a surprise to God and that He has a plan and purpose for you and your child as you struggle. Continue reading
Every church can make a conscious effort to make their ministry environments more friendly to kids and teens with common mental health conditions and their families. Continue reading
It might be helpful to look at the available research into kids and teens who commit sexual offenses to better understand the background of kids who perpetrate these offenses and the impact that treatment may have on reducing their risk of harming others in the future. Continue reading
We wrote Every Child Welcome because this command is not limited to children who will sit quietly at His feet and listen, who color between the lines, who raise their hands and wait to be called upon, and who work at grade level.
When the leader of your church talks about mental illness from the pulpit or the stage during weekend worship services, they communicate to the body that people with mental illness are valued and grant permission for members and attendees to talk with others in the church about their experiences.
This is not a book that will be read once and stuck on a shelf…well-worn copies will be found on the desks and in the workspaces of those serving in children’s ministry, family ministry and special needs ministry because it is destined to become the “go-to” reference when leaders look for answers in seeking to minister with kids with disabilities and their families. Continue reading
Is there a way of making available an alternative path…an accommodation available to those who need it? Continue reading
Patients with depression were eleven times more likely to experience significant benefit from antidepressant medication than to experience medication-related suicidal thinking or behavior, patients with OCD were thirty-four times more likely to experience benefit and patients with non-OCD anxiety were thirty-six times more likely to experience benefit. Continue reading
Steve will be Vangie Rodenbeck’s special guest THIS COMING TUESDAY, MAY 19th, at 12:00 PM Eastern as part of Vangie’s Shaping Special Hearts podcast hosted by CM Connect and sponsored by Standard Publishing. Continue reading